Author Topic: NRA Convention Protests  (Read 881 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
NRA Convention Protests
« on: April 21, 2018, 11:25:58 AM »
This kinda makes me wish I could go to the convention this year, proudly wearing my Life gear. I'm guessing if they go through with this, they are going to add at least 100,000 new members to the NRA in the following week.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/04/21/really-lefty-celebs-no-rifle-association-aims-to-make-nra-convention-goers-wish-they-stayed-home/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: NRA Convention Protests
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 12:08:38 PM »
That will be interesting to see.  The one in Houston several years ago had a maybe a dozen protestors across the street. 

I will assume if I am wearing my CZ hat, one of those celebrities would refuse to give an autograph.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm already a life member, so I can't join.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 03:01:49 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm already a life member, so I can't join.

You can level up. Benefactor.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »
The media hyped the "protests" that were going to "plague" the NRA convention in Minneapolis over 20 years ago.

When I went, I saw exactly ONE protesting person with a picket sign. And she was nowhere to be seen when I was leaving.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 03:51:13 PM »
A few years back Shannon Watts and Everytown claimed the were going to blast the NRA at the convention in Indy (Watts lives on the Northside of Indy).  I don't remember seeing any protestors (cordex can double check me on that), just one horse mounted cop that stated "This is safest place to be in the entire state."  referring to all the gunowners/carriers there.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 03:52:26 PM »
At this rate, NRA membership could well exceed 6 million by the end of the year.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 11:01:02 PM »
A few years back Shannon Watts and Everytown claimed the were going to blast the NRA at the convention in Indy (Watts lives on the Northside of Indy).  I don't remember seeing any protestors (cordex can double check me on that), just one horse mounted cop that stated "This is safest place to be in the entire state."  referring to all the gunowners/carriers there.
I didn’t see any personally, but the way I remember it they met about half a mile away from the event center and a handful took a few pictures and then went home.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 11:25:00 PM »
I  thought protesters had been par for the Annual Meetings course, for the past several years. I guess they have to try to make it look like something new.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »
I  thought protesters had been par for the Annual Meetings course, for the past several years. I guess they have to try to make it look like something new.

They have, but I don't recall any "popular" celebrities being involved to the point of showing up. Though I reckon the "showing up" part is only talk until they actually show up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »
With the media support, they don't have to actually protest to get their message out.  They just have to meet somewhere nearby, take some pictures, then go home. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 12:03:27 PM »
A few years back Shannon Watts and Everytown claimed the were going to blast the NRA at the convention in Indy (Watts lives on the Northside of Indy).  I don't remember seeing any protestors (cordex can double check me on that), just one horse mounted cop that stated "This is safest place to be in the entire state."  referring to all the gunowners/carriers there.

There were a handful of yahoos with signs, but I doubt 2 dozen total actually showed.  We made it a point to go have a look at the spectacle and it was pathetic.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
The 3 or 4 has been "names " will show up, with their security, and lose all credibility with fence sitters. Of course they'll use the excuse they needed security because of all the guns there.