Author Topic: (Documented) Drug Cartel Beheadings Spread Across Border Into USA  (Read 8420 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://news.investors.com/Article.aspx?id=598482&p=1&ibdbot=1

Eighteen months ago, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer was excoriated for warning of spillover from Mexico's war reaching our soil. Well, beheadings are becoming common now. Yet that war is still ignored.

Leading the charge in the summer of 2010, Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank blasted Republican Gov. Brewer for claiming that Arizona's "law enforcement agencies have found bodies in the desert either buried or just lying out there that have been beheaded."
Just one problem, though. Brewer may have jumped the gun months ago, but cartel beheadings have become a reality in Arizona — and are now jumping to other states.
it looks like the work of Mexico's cartels, says former Drug Enforcement Administration supervisor Phil Jordan. "It would lead me to believe the message wanted to be sent," he told KRGV television in Texas.

What's seen here is the very swift regularization of crime that, until recently, was thought to be Mexico's problem.
Just Friday, the Mexican government reported that the 2,276 war-related deaths in Mexico's Chihuahua state alone topped all civilian deaths in Afghanistan in the first 11 months of 2011 (2,177). A civilian in the state of Chihuahua had a nine times greater chance of being killed than an Afghan.

Governor Brewer: Premature Anti-Fascist Anti-Communist Anti-Beheadist

Yes, she was a bad, bad girl for repeating rumors of beheaded bodies being found in the AZ desert.  An obviously absurd notion no one with the right attitudes would lend credence.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: (Documented) Drug Cartel Beheadings Spread Across Border Into USA
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:38:03 AM »
It's okay, though, because they're being found in the AZ desert. Nobody goes there, certainly not people from DC or NYC or LA. If it doesn't happen in one of those cities, it's like it doesn't happen.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:52 AM »
http://www.statesman.com/news/statesman-investigates/crime-rates-along-texas-border-counties-1937646.html

and then there is this
The contemporary situation in southwest border counties relating to crime and law enforcement is quite different than many would expect. Consider, for example, that some of the nation’s safest cities are located along the southwest border, including Tucson and El Paso. Given the link of crime to important quality of life decisions, the low rate of crime in southwest border counties, combined with attributes, such as affordable housing is part of the landscape of increasing retirement in the southwest. Since 1990, official crime statistics have recorded a dramatic drop of 30 percent (Figure 13.1). Property crimes are down 40 percent between 1990 and 2000 and violent crimes, among the lowest in the nation making up only 12 percent of all crimes, dropped 29 percent in the same decade.1
Border counties have high rates of drug offenses, for which the region would rank 1st if considered a 51st state. Immigration offenses, which make up 72 percent of all federal offenses in the region, also would rank border counties 1st if considered a 51st state. These rankings also are tied closely with their respective border states which themselves rank as leaders in federal drug and immigration offenses. However, while drug and immigration enforcement issues are high profile, they mask other crime statistics, such as low property crimes and violent crimes. Indeed crime statistics have fallen in numerous locales, but where the border counties do report high rates of crimes, they are linked to its geography that serves as a
passage for illegal drugs northward to supply the demands of the rest of North America, and to immigration fueled by a search for better paying jobs and more opportunities.
• The border region has recorded a significant decline in crime in recent years, but like most areas this decline has flattened out and will be challenged by population growth.
• Border county crime rates place the region as 16th as a 51st state in violent crimes and the federal crime index.
• Border counties report the largest number of federal offenses creating a 1st ranking as a 51st state, primarily as a result of drug and immigration arrests by federal agencies.
• By not using drug offenses in determining federal formula bloc funding, southwest border counties face continued under funding of their efforts.
• The dependence of the federal government on southwest border counties to provide housing for prisoners has the intent of efficiency, but has become a significant drain on border counties due to a failure

http://www.bordercounties.org/vertical/Sites/%7BB4A0F1FF-7823-4C95-8D7A-F5E400063C73%7D/uploads/%7BA8417A14-9F86-4D9B-A646-ABD045BDDDCE%7D.PDF
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
Interesting links CSD. 

One might note that the beheadings are jumping the border and landing in the more populated areas north.  The article mentions Okla-freaking-homa & LA, not exactly border towns.

It seems that directly across the border (in the middle of the desert) there is a dearth of folks that the narcotraficantes want to behead.  How will their bosses get the head-choppers back down on the desert floor after they have seen the bight lights and big city?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »
The beheadings don't belong in the crime statistics, they belong in the society page under "macho displays."
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 01:21:17 PM »
It's okay, though, because they're being found in the AZ desert. Nobody goes there, certainly not people from DC or NYC or LA. If it doesn't happen in one of those cities, it's like it doesn't happen.

NYC has a protest march for the legalization of Marijuana every year. Maybe if some of our more conservative brethren would take up the cause we could stop wasting time going after pot smokers and devote more resources to combat the narco traffickers.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

More than half of federal prisoners are in jail for drug offences. Seventy five percent of that are non violent offenders with no history of violence.
More than half of all people sentence for a drug offence fell into the lowest category of sentencing guild lines and 87% of cases had no weapon involved.  

http://www.prisonpolicy.org/scans/sp/federalprison.pdf

If your really serious about seriously curtailing (It wont end completely) start thinking about legislation reform. We need to stop calling this a drug war; Wars end.

For extra credit if anyone if a fan of The Wire (really great show that should be required watching for anyone debating the drug war) here's a speech by David Simon the creator of the wire.
http://vimeo.com/29805278

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
I know you may feel strongly about this, but I couldn't help but read this headline:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

And think, "OF COURSE high americans favor legalizing marijuana."

Also, I am very opposed to legalizing these drugs through the coercive power of the federal government. I'm not opposed to ending federal laws against these drugs, though, especially as I don't see any such power delegated to the Federal Government though the constitution.

(I was about to ask why that argument isn't made by the drug legalizers, but I know the answer already...)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »
More than half of federal prisoners are in jail for drug offences. Seventy five percent of that are non violent offenders with no history of violence.
More than half of all people sentence for a drug offence fell into the lowest category of sentencing guild lines and 87% of cases had no weapon involved.  

er not really
http://www.bop.gov/news/quick.jsp

and a look at the breakdown as to immigration status gives me a twofer
Drug Offenses:   97,416   (49.3 %

http://www.november.org/razorwire/rzold/20/20021.html

If we further restricted the population to those offenders with zero criminal history points - according to U.S. Sentencing Commission rules, there were 12,727 Federal prisoners who could be considered low-level drug law violators. They constituted 28.2 percent of all drug offenders in the prison system and 16.6 percent of all sentenced prisoners.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »
er not really
http://www.bop.gov/news/quick.jsp

and a look at the breakdown as to immigration status gives me a twofer
Drug Offenses:   97,416   (49.3 %

I have no idea what your trying to say. 73% of prisoners had American citizenship compared to 18.6% from Mexico. Is that a lot yea sure, but not disproportional to what I though I'd be.

Drug offences do make up 49.3% of those prisoners but at the top of the page it says total prisoners 216 thousand prisoners, there are over 2 million prisoners in American jails, so the total numbers are off as are the other conclusions you make.

What where you trying to say?  ???

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »
I know you may feel strongly about this, but I couldn't help but read this headline:

And think, "OF COURSE high americans favor legalizing marijuana."

Also, I am very opposed to legalizing these drugs through the coercive power of the federal government. I'm not opposed to ending federal laws against these drugs, though, especially as I don't see any such power delegated to the Federal Government though the constitution.

(I was about to ask why that argument isn't made by the drug legalizers, but I know the answer already...)

Ayup, gotta remember the positive-liberty gov't-gotta-help-me-get-off libertarians seem to rule the roost in most libertarian circles.  Gov't getting out of the way is not enough, it has got to make all libertine fever dreams come true.  For them, decriminalization at the fed level and a fair fight at the state level will never be enough.  Gotta use that fed hammer to get all in line.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 01:53:06 PM »
I am very opposed to legalizing these drugs through the coercive power of the federal government. I'm not opposed to ending federal laws against these drugs, though, especially as I don't see any such power delegated to the Federal Government though the constitution.

That would be a great starting point, we just need more discussion like this among more conservatives.

Ayup, gotta remember the positive-liberty gov't-gotta-help-me-get-off libertarians seem to rule the roost in most libertarian circles.  Gov't getting out of the way is not enough, it has got to make all libertine fever dreams come true.  For them, decriminalization at the fed level and a fair fight at the state level will never be enough.  Gotta use that fed hammer to get all in line.

Stereotypes don't help anyone. And it's *expletive deleted*it like this that our politicians use to keep us fighting among ourselves when if everyone united for a common goal we'd actually start to get stuff done.

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 01:57:30 PM »
I have no idea what your trying to say. 73% of prisoners had American citizenship compared to 18.6% from Mexico. Is that a lot yea sure, but not disproportional to what I though I'd be.

Drug offences do make up 49.3% of those prisoners but at the top of the page it says total prisoners 216 thousand prisoners, there are over 2 million prisoners in American jails, so the total numbers are off as are the other conclusions you make.

What where you trying to say?  ???
you tried to claim more than 1/2 the fed prisoners were in jail for drugs  that is false
if we add in jails the numbers go down further

you also presented a factually challenged position about "non violent with no history of violence

the comment about citizenship was a shot at the "zomg 3/4 of prisoners are illegals!" crowd
 i can't resist the easy ones

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
Your numbers are for only a little over 200k prisoners. There are over 2 million in custody. What about the other 1.8 million your missing?   ???

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 02:26:27 PM »
you are familiar with the difference between state and federal prisoners?  i thought you must be since you specifically mentioned federal prisoners in the post i called you on.  i provided the links to the sources.  you can go look up state prisoners if you want. it doesn't help your case

• friends

• friends

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
Thus are the spoils of the War on Drugs...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

• friends
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »
Thus are the spoils of the War on Drugs...

you didn't read the links?

i can tell you that 95 % of the folk i know in jail are there for something they did either while high, in order to procure the drugs or the assorted thievery that goes with supporting their drug habit.  and as horrific as it might seem to you a disturbing number of folks steal to buy weed. and i include booze as a drug.the other 5%?  are just sociopaths or other deviants. though there are some of the 5% who also were into getting high

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 07:17:35 PM »
If it weren't drugs it would be human trafficking, pillaging, something...  You do understand what kind of people you are dealing with, don't you? 
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
So these people being beheaded, I don't imagine them being your regular Joe.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 08:40:42 AM »
Just members of the free market red in tooth and claw.  Think capitalism with chainsaws.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »
So these people being beheaded, I don't imagine them being your regular Jose.

Maybe, maybe not.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »
I wonder if I could funnel a few grand to the cartels as an incentive, to dump the next couple dozen beheaded bodies (that were going to be killed anyway, don't want blood on my hands, obviously) onto the front porches of a select group of influential libtarded open-border Amnesty types on the left coasts, and maybe a smattering in Chicago.

The desert ecosystem is fragile y'know...
I promise not to duck.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 03:09:38 PM »
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpus10.pdf

So that link was nothing other than a break down of prison population nothing about the drug war. And you second link gave me unreadable documents. I don't have excel so I can't really comment on data I cannot read.