Author Topic: FBI recommends no charges for Hillary  (Read 8379 times)

dogmush

• friend
FBI recommends no charges for Hillary
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:29:08 AM »
Just watched a live stream of a press conference with the Director of the FBI concerning Clinton's e-mail servers.  They found that hundreds of emails were classified at the time that they were sent.  Several were Top Secret.  The Director said that given that it was widely known that she used a private e-mail, and that she accessed that e-mail from overseas it's possible hostile actors had compromised her servers*. He said some pretty harsh things about what the people involved should have known, and the general security culture at State.

He also said that in reviewing similar cases of stupidly (my adjective) leaked classified material they don't normally prosecute unless there is evidence of willful release, or anti-american ideas (that one is his adjective).  Which as much as it's a bitter pill, I can kinda see.  I can't think of a flag officer that was actually prosecuted for releasing classified data as opposed to admin sanctions and early retirement.

I think for people that aren't already firmly in the "gonna vote "d" no matter what" camp this raises some very real questions about Hillary's judgement, and that of the people she surrounds herself with.  I also think that State may very well find itself not getting the info it's used to getting from other agencies for a long time.

*Given that a whole bunch of her e-mails are on WikiLeaks this morning "possible" might be an understatement.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: FBI recommends no charges for Hillary
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:35:44 AM »
anyone who ever thought she was going to see punishment for that stuff was completely delusional
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »
Just watched a live stream of a press conference with the Director of the FBI concerning Clinton's e-mail servers.  They found that hundreds of emails were classified at the time that they were sent.  Several were Top Secret.  The Director said that given that it was widely known that she used a private e-mail, and that she accessed that e-mail from overseas it's possible hostile actors had compromised her servers*. He said some pretty harsh things about what the people involved should have known, and the general security culture at State.

Is this the equivalent of blinking SOS at the camera on a proof-of-life tape?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:40:04 AM »
Some animals are more equal than others.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49:56 AM »
Wow. Unbelievable. Well I guess not unbelievable, other than again, a civil servant, or uniformed person, or gov contractor, would have had their life destroyed by the government.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »
anyone who ever thought she was going to see punishment for that stuff was completely delusional

I agree; the rational part of my mind never thought she'd be charged, indicted, tried or convicted.  I still find, however, that I am offended at this.  Everyone I've heard discussing this, either on TV or in person (and I know some people who've "been there done that" with top secret stuff) have said that if they'd done what Hillery had they'd be in prison.
Ignorance is no excuse.
If you're involved in a career that requires the handling of classified material   .....  and you don't know that something is classified because it "isn't marked" do you:
A.)  Treat everything as if it were classified, or
B.)   Treat everything as if it was not clasified, or,
C.)   put ketchup on your hotdog instead of mustard.

Most people choose "A."  

*!Sigh!*

Oh well.   At least Trump has some new fodder....................... >:D [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 12:01:29 PM »
What's really irritating, because I just heard Comey's statement: He specifically said that she  carelessly exchanged top secret special access emails on her personal servers.

It doesn't matter if she "intentionally" did it or not. They have evidence that it was done. There are clear regulations regarding that. What would happen to an E-4 that "was unintentionally careless" with that same email?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »
What's really irritating, because I just heard Comey's statement: He specifically said that she  carelessly exchanged top secret special access emails on her personal servers.

It doesn't matter if she "intentionally" did it or not. They have evidence that it was done. There are clear regulations regarding that. What would happen to an E-4 that "was unintentionally careless" with that same email?

Probably? They would lose pay, their clearance, get some confinement (basically max out a field grade Article 15), finish out their enlistment in a place job they never saw sensitive material in, and be invited not to re-enlist.  Unless they insisted on a Court Martial.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »

It doesn't MATTER what an E-4 would have gotten.

The point is, and people seem unwilling to realize this, is that we live in a country where the elite are subject to a completely different set of laws than we are. If you're a powerful politician, you can kill people, drive drunk, mishandle classified data, give aid and comfort to our enemies, evade taxes, and nothing will happen.

We are not free. We have not been for some time. The crushing realization has been hitting me lately, especially after seeing the government approved independence day celebration and the heavy handed bullshit rules there.

You are a serf. A peasant. You exist at the convenience and pleasure of your masters. All of us do.

Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 12:11:34 PM »

The point is, and people seem unwilling to realize this, is that we live in a country where the elite are subject to a completely different set of laws than we are. If you're a powerful politician, you can kill people, drive drunk, mishandle classified data, give aid and comfort to our enemies, evade taxes, and nothing will happen.

That was kinda my point. Her, and people like her, with connections, will laugh about this at cocktail parties and probably make $250K a pop giving talks about it and other things that are criminal behavior.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 12:21:38 PM »
Well, it would have been really inconvenient for our next president to have been under indictment.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 12:27:43 PM »
No charges? Rush was right - the fix was in.

So much for all the talking heads who were saying all along that the FBI director was a man of impeccable character and high integrity.  :rofl:

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 12:29:40 PM »
I hope Comey fully enjoys the results of this being the defining moment of his career

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 12:36:01 PM »
 :facepalm:
[barf]
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »
If any non-connected person did what she did, they would be ruined.

I am not amused.

We are not free. We have not been for some time. The crushing realization has been hitting me lately, especially after seeing the government approved independence day celebration and the heavy handed bullshit rules there.

You are a serf. A peasant. You exist at the convenience and pleasure of your masters. All of us do.

The problems attendant with running a multiethnic empire instead of a republic: diminution of the value of citizenship and centralization of power.  Hail, Caesar!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »

Been realizing that for quite some time myself, and I also completely expected Hillary to walk on this one- just like with every other criminal act that has happened under the current administration.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 12:47:22 PM »
I gotta go ride my motorcycle. the state of this country is particularly depressing today.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 12:50:56 PM »
Nearly everyone from the President on down was complicit in Hillery's ignoring of the law/rules.

Everyone in the administration who knew or realized what she was doing is guilty to some degree or another of facilitating her.

It's basically a constitutional crises of one whole branch of the US government if the FBI does the right thing.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 01:17:34 PM »
BREAKING: FBI finds John Wilkes Booth "extremely careless" in discharge of firearm.

— Stephen Green (@VodkaPundit) July 5, 2016
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »
Nearly everyone from the President on down was complicit in Hillery's ignoring of the law/rules.

Everyone in the administration who knew or realized what she was doing is guilty to some degree or another of facilitating her.

It's basically a constitutional crises of one whole branch of the US government if the FBI does the right thing.

Which will be a constitutional crisis if anyone but Hillary wins. If anyone from the administration goes down, they all go down. The fix is already in.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 02:02:18 PM »
Another reason why I just won't be able to recognize that person as a legitimate president.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 02:07:54 PM »
I truly hope no one here was surprised by this.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 02:39:52 PM »
I truly hope no one here was surprised by this.

Not me.

What can we do?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
I'm not surprised, but this just increases my level of cynicism.  The conclusion of the press conference (recommendation of no charges) was a complete non sequitur.  Basically, "she broke the law and endangered national security, but we're not going to do anything about it."  Unfortunately, most of Hillary's supporters won't care about her negligence and long ago accepted the fact that she is a serial liar.

We can fantasize that Hillary will eventually be held accountable for public corruption once the FBI completes its investigation of the Clinton Foundation, but I'm not holding my breath.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 02:50:16 PM »
 Unfortunately, most of Hillary's supporters won't care about her negligence and long ago accepted the fact that she is a serial liar.

Worse- they will accuse those who don't support hillary as being part of a 'right wing witch hunt.'

Barack Obama