Author Topic: FBI recommends no charges for Hillary  (Read 8380 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: FBI recommends no charges for Hillary
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »
If any non-connected person did what she did, they would be ruined.

Exactly what he said: "To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."

At the very least, she should be permanently and irrevocably barred from ever holding any clearance (and as such, any position requiring a clearance) again.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 03:26:26 PM »
Not many people are enthused by an H. Clinton presidency. As the rules no longer apply, why not just leave Obama in place?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 03:28:40 PM »
Worse- they will accuse those who don't support hillary as being part of a 'right wing witch hunt.'

Don't they already? I guess you might get a pass if you're a Bern-bot. Other than that, you just hate women. And immigrants. Etc.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »
Surprised? No.

Disgusted? Yes.

The sad part is, if she was running against almost anyone but Trump, this would really *expletive deleted*ing hurt her, but it's Trump and he's just not going to pull the disgusted Democrats away from her. I think the only small consolation is that they'll be holding their noses at the polling places this year, just as much as the Republicans, for a change.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »
Worse- they will accuse those who don't support hillary as being part of a 'right wing witch hunt.'

Not much of a "hunt".  We know right where she is.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 03:56:19 PM »
What's really irritating, because I just heard Comey's statement: He specifically said that she  carelessly exchanged top secret special access emails on her personal servers.

It doesn't matter if she "intentionally" did it or not. They have evidence that it was done. There are clear regulations regarding that. What would happen to an E-4 that "was unintentionally careless" with that same email?

He's playing word games. The statute addresses "gross negligence," which by definition does not involve intent.

The fix is in. I think most sentient beings expected this from the git-go.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 04:10:11 PM »

One of my big problems, as I have mentioned before, is that so many people don't have an understanding of national security, nor do they care. They all speak from the ignorance pulpit. "It's just email. It's no big deal." This is one of the big reasons why she will get away with all this - none of what she did is taken seriously by the average voter, though it was in fact VERY serious. If it was just the confidential emails, that could be labeled as "no big thing" since they are routinely transmitted over NIPRNet and  civilian gov systems. The TS/SCI is a whole different ball game, and the fact that Comey specifically said "she did it" should be all that is needed. But I'm winding myself up over the obvious.

I do find it interesting, given that email takes more than one person, that none of the others who were involved in the TS/SCI exchanges seem to be named or mentioned. I guess immediate staff have the same privileges as their masters.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
Any bets on Trump being "investigated" before Election Day?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 04:19:43 PM »
Well,  I guess Comey knows when he's outnumbered. Here is Clinton already using the podium with the presidential seal. Thanks Obama!

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 04:29:38 PM »

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2016, 06:06:06 PM »
Probably? They would lose pay, their clearance, get some confinement (basically max out a field grade Article 15), finish out their enlistment in a place job they never saw sensitive material in, and be invited not to re-enlist.  Unless they insisted on a Court Martial.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/crime/2015/07/29/navy-engineer-sentenced-for-mishandling-classified-material/30862027/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »
It doesn't MATTER what an E-4 would have gotten.

The point is, and people seem unwilling to realize this, is that we live in a country where the elite are subject to a completely different set of laws than we are. If you're a powerful politician, you can kill people, drive drunk, mishandle classified data, give aid and comfort to our enemies, evade taxes, and nothing will happen.

We are not free. We have not been for some time. The crushing realization has been hitting me lately, especially after seeing the government approved independence day celebration and the heavy handed bullshit rules there.

You are a serf. A peasant. You exist at the convenience and pleasure of your masters. All of us do.

Americans thought we were getting rid of hereditary nobility. But all we really did was exchange hereditary nobility constrained by tradition and noblesse oblige for one that pretends it doesn't exist.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2016, 06:09:51 PM »
http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/crime/2015/07/29/navy-engineer-sentenced-for-mishandling-classified-material/30862027/

You know, it would be very interesting (though they will never do it) if the MSM were to tabulate a list of similar mishandling incidents and the resulting punishments, and actually spend some prime time talking about them.

Pretty difficult to be POTUS if you've been barred for life from holding a clearance.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 06:10:27 PM »
One of my big problems, as I have mentioned before, is that so many people don't have an understanding of national security, nor do they care. They all speak from the ignorance pulpit. "It's just email. It's no big deal." This is one of the big reasons why she will get away with all this - none of what she did is taken seriously by the average voter, though it was in fact VERY serious. If it was just the confidential emails, that could be labeled as "no big thing" since they are routinely transmitted over NIPRNet and  civilian gov systems. The TS/SCI is a whole different ball game, and the fact that Comey specifically said "she did it" should be all that is needed. But I'm winding myself up over the obvious.

I do find it interesting, given that email takes more than one person, that none of the others who were involved in the TS/SCI exchanges seem to be named or mentioned. I guess immediate staff have the same privileges as their masters.

To be fair, Bill Clinton has been raping women for decades and people don't seem to care about that either.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 06:12:42 PM »
To be fair, Bill Clinton has been raping women for decades and people don't seem to care about that either.

Especially feminists and "women's rights" advocates.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 06:16:28 PM »
Surprised? Hell no. Laws are for little people.

Just another notch up on my level of disgust.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2016, 06:18:08 PM »
I learned something today from the Book of Faces. This guy told me that there was no way HRC could have had classified material on her server. After all he used to be a DOD network engineer and his clearance was so high the clearance itself was classified. How can you argue with that?!?  :facepalm:

These people will be voting for her because everything has been a Republican attempt to tear her down ever since she got fired from Watergate.  =(

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2016, 06:44:59 PM »
I learned something today from the Book of Faces. This guy told me that there was no way HRC could have had classified material on her server. After all he used to be a DOD network engineer and his clearance was so high the clearance itself was classified. How can you argue with that?!?  :facepalm:

bob

Oh, I've heard of those. Quadruple top secret with a cherry on top.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2016, 06:53:21 PM »
Heh. Bad timing for a PR screengrab.  =D

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2016, 06:55:53 PM »
Heh. Bad timing for a PR screengrab.  =D

Where do these things come from? I am so glad people grab screen shots of stuff before they vanish.

:rofl:

bob

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »
anyone who ever thought she was going to see punishment for that stuff was completely delusional

The very simple truth.

The statement by Comey seemed almost like a "I did what I could - here are the facts, draw your own conclusion about the charge"
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2016, 07:53:17 PM »

Go to Youtube and watch Nixon's "Checkers" speech. His career was nearly ruined, and the Eisenhower administration was in hot water, because Nixon accepted a puppy as a gift from a donor.

We've come a long way.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 08:20:32 PM »

Beat me to it.  This is the article I was going to link to.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/kristian-saucier-investigation-hillary-clinton-223646

“The DOJ is willing to prosecute a former sailor to the full extent of the law for violating the law on classified material, in a situation where there was no purposeful unsecured transmission of classified material,” conservative blogger Ed Morrissey wrote last year. “Will they pursue Hillary Clinton and her team, at the other end of the power spectrum from the rank-and-file, for deliberate unsecured transmission of improperly marked classified nat-sec intelligence? Will they pursue the same kind of obstruction of justice charges for Hillary’s wiping of her server as they are for Saucier’s destruction of his laptop?”

I think we have an answer Mr. Morrissey.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »
While I always knew HRC would skate, this did not go down the way I expected.  I had really expected the FBI to recommend charges and the AG to then refuse to indict.
I wonder if Bill Clinton's clandestine meeting with AG Lynch had anything to do with the FBI's decision?  In some ways it clouded the AG's ability to act and might have forced the FBI investigation to have even been restarted from the beginning.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.