Author Topic: Cartoon: The Ten Types of Republicans  (Read 8355 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Cartoon: The Ten Types of Republicans
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 06:27:33 PM »
I guessed you guys missed the part of the bible that said

"take upon thee a sword, make him fear imprisonment and death, and strip the worker of 30% of his earnings" angel

Yeah, they take that out of the newer versions.  It's only in the "original" King James.   laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »
CAnnoneer, while I was hoping that Riley would take the bait,* what you're asking for may not sit well with our administrators/moderators.**  And Riley has Riled them up a bit, here recently, so he'd be rather foolish to take you up on this. 

But there's always PM. 

*And I was really hoping to be named under at least two categories of Evil Republican.

**Insulting people, by name, behind their backs. 

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 08:34:18 AM »
If Riley wants to name names, I won't complain.  I'm more annoyed that he'll hint around at such things but won't man up and say what he's really thinking.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »
Never mind. 

Paddy

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2007, 03:52:32 PM »
Uhhhhh.......I'm not exactly a $9/hr Republican, Mr fistful.  I'm a degreed, (screwed) corporate accountant, remember?   I have no intention of using Mr. Numbnuts because I won't presume any particular person is a lower wage, wrestling/football watching type.  OK?

That said, I am preparing a short list, per Chris's request. Please be patient, and don't get pissed off if your name is on it. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
My name BETTER be on there, and it better not be just once, either!  I'm IMPORTANT, you know. 

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »
curious what CAnnoneer thinks of this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DA-M_OzB6Y

Child/Work safe, unless you've got a dog in the room.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 08:59:10 PM »
That said, I am preparing a short list, per Chris's request. Please be patient, and don't get pissed off if your name is on it. 

I think people may be dissapointed if they are NOT on the list.
  laugh
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2007, 09:15:13 AM »

I think people may be dissapointed if they are NOT on the list.
  laugh

Durn tootin'!!   cheesy

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 05:01:01 PM »
well?

Chris

Paddy

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 05:11:02 PM »
I'm gonna have to wuss out, Chris.  There's no way to name names without it being interpreted as a personal attack, and I really don't wanna go there. 

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2008, 06:34:42 AM »
curious what CAnnoneer thinks of this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DA-M_OzB6Y

A verbose waste of time and particularly bad singing. If it is meant to be the conservative counterpart of the scurrilous video that generated this thread, it falls abysmally short. It does not even touch the hypocrisy, racism, stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, and powerlust of the average libtard.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2008, 07:20:50 AM »
it's how the left views us, I noticed the NRA section was unbelievably stupid, it mentions how the country wants gun laws and no more cop killer bullets.
I laughed out loud at the contrarian, it was the left pushing those sophomoric arguments for gun control that leads me to believe they're lying about global warming.
This is the only way the left can feel it is winning the debate, by not having one.

Some of us are on the left, so please dont use the term "us."

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2008, 07:25:15 AM »
The Bibleton bit was amusing.  Apparently, he's not supposed to force Christian morality on anyone, unless it's the part about giving to the poor.  On that count, apparently, we should all be forced to give like good Christians.  rolleyes

Also note that Bibleton is "born again, just like his buddy, George W. Bush."  Yet Bibleton is criticized for not helping AIDS victims in Africa.  But didn't George Bush designate large sums of tax money to exactly that cause? 

Not to mention that most of it went to groups that further religious goals.  The whole abstinence thing and anti-condom usage thing is kind of wrong.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2008, 07:50:57 AM »
Of the parts of the speech that I could understand, I thought it was funny.  grin
I think it would have been funnier if the author had used different, and lower-pitched, voices for each "character."  The Chipmunk voice really bugged me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

stephpd

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2008, 09:54:47 AM »
Bet if it had been about Dems the thread would have gone differently. It's very hard to laugh when someones making fun of you unless it's   done along the lines of 'if.......................you might be a redneck'. That's why many have a hard time with 'Daily Show and Colbert Report'.

It's just comedy, court jester stuff. shocked

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2008, 11:22:51 AM »

Congress and the media are filled with court jesters. It seems the joke is on us.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2008, 02:47:21 PM »
Bet if it had been about Dems the thread would have gone differently. It's very hard to laugh when someones making fun of you   

It's much funnier when it's true.   cheesy  It's also funnier when it's not a bunch of tired old lies that have been told over and over again.  Did you see anything original or insightful in that video?  Neither did I.  That's why it's not funny.

Congress and the media are filled with court jesters. It seems the joke is on us. 

Thank you, RileyMC!   smiley

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2008, 07:09:20 AM »
Bet if it had been about Dems the thread would have gone differently. It's very hard to laugh when someones making fun of you unless it's   done along the lines of 'if.......................you might be a redneck'. That's why many have a hard time with 'Daily Show and Colbert Report'.

I agree with fistful (this time).  I haven't watched that original link in a while.  Maybe I'll watch it again and have more to say.  Smiley 

I like the Daily Show.  Stewart just gets on rants about some (for him) touchy things like Bush and Cheney and stops being funny.  Sort of like Riley.   laugh  I do appreciate that he does hit some of the leftists pretty hard as well.  You don't see many others on TV do that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge