Author Topic: Is "Deep Throat" back in the White House???  (Read 863 times)

m1911owner

• friend
Is "Deep Throat" back in the White House???
« on: June 28, 2007, 05:08:43 AM »
The first time I saw the phrase, "White House counsel Fred Fielding", regarding the current White House, I thought it was a typo.  Fred Fielding was "Deep Throat" of the Watergate scandal, was he not?  I thought he retired many years ago.  What is he doing back at the White House?

For example, he is mentioned in this story from today: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8Q1RG2G0&show_article=1

(Or, is this perhaps Deep Throat's son?  But I don't see any "Jr." or "II" connected with his name, so this doesn't appear to be the case.)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Is "Deep Throat" back in the White House???
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:58:11 AM »
Fielding served as deputy to White House counsel John W. Dean III under President Richard M. Nixon and was the first to tell Dean about the Watergate break-in. Yet Fielding was one of the few to emerge untainted by Watergate. In fact, he was suspected, wrongly, of being "Deep Throat," the inside source who helped Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein uncover the scandal.

Washington Post
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 06:09:55 AM »
Ah!  I got my four-lettered "F"s mixed up.  It seems Deep Throat was "Felt", not "Fred"--W. Mark Felt.  The names are sufficiently similar that they registered to the same place in my brain.  Sad

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:39:12 AM »
Monica Lewinsky is back working at the White House?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 07:01:45 AM »
Ah!  I got my four-lettered "F"s mixed up.  It seems Deep Throat was "Felt", not "Fred"--W. Mark Felt.  The names are sufficiently similar that they registered to the same place in my brain.  Sad

You weren't so wrong, considering he was suspected of being "Deep Throat". An easy mistake to make.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G