Author Topic: Washer/Dryer that isn't crap  (Read 348 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Washer/Dryer that isn't crap
« on: October 05, 2022, 11:32:28 AM »
Looking for a washer/dryer set that isn't total crap? Review on a Maytag Commercial set that gives hope. Just be sure to watch to the end where he talks about model numbers and how they affect warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV6pkY8maLk

Yeah, you can still buy a decent washer/dryer set, you just have to look in the commercial lines. Utilitarian, sure, but they'll work better and be more reliable than a lot of the foofery-laden prettified residential units. The washer even has an honest-to-goodness agitator.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Washer/Dryer that isn't crap
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 12:31:26 PM »
Yep, commercial is the way to go.

Except, even those have issues.

Friends bought Speed Queen a few years ago.

Washer has had a series of small, but annoying, issues.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 12:44:06 PM »
I have that same Maytag set, bought at my small town appliance store, where they also sell the Speed Queens. My dryer doesn't have a window door though.

They have been pretty bulletproof. There was one issue with the washer where a locknut to a pulley on the bottom was not properly torqued down at the factory and came out about a year in. All covered under warranty, and luckily an easy fix, as it happened over the main covid, and the repair guy said they were looking at like a half year wait on a majority of parts.

I love that the washer still allows for a full load of water - none of these water saver features that can leave stuff looking less than fully washed. Also super simple controls on both units. Washers and dryers are things that I still like to be free of bells and whistles. Just wash and dry my clothes please.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
Having clean clothes is the epitome of white privilege, you CIS normal shitlord.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 12:49:21 PM »
I'm a big fan of top loading basic as possible commercial washer. Gas dryer, the least number of functions.

My dryer is a Kenmore from the 90s (Whirlpool) and my washer is 6 year old top load agitator Maytag.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 01:11:20 PM »
"top load agitator Maytag."

Wasn't he arrested in Washington, DC, for throwing cobblestones at the police during Trump's inaugural?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 01:31:21 PM »
"top load agitator Maytag."

Wasn't he arrested in Washington, DC, for throwing cobblestones at the police during Trump's inaugural?

She was a Biden plant.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536