Author Topic: ARRRRGGGHHH!!!! *$&@!* KID!!!  (Read 4099 times)

cosine

• Administrator
Re: ARRRRGGGHHH!!!! *$&@!* KID!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 07:01:44 PM »
You guys know, you're letting out all your parental "trade secrets." I note things that seem interesting (such as BrokenPaw's post), in case I have kids someday and need similar tools to effect improvement in behavior or attitude.  cool
Andy

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 09:39:49 PM »
You can always resort to the "Barrel Method" of child raising.  It is not yet too late.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 04:26:41 AM »
You can always resort to the "Barrel Method" of child raising.  It is not yet too late.
For some reason this reminds me of the "bucket and saucer" method of birth control. Unfortunately it IS too late for that!  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 07:32:48 PM »
Thank you all for posting on this subject.  It reminds me that I have to find out how much the insurance company will cover for a vasectomy.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 08:31:29 AM »
And the fun just never ends.....

Neice and sister got into again last night over the phone, with sister laying into neice w/o cause and keeping neice awake late.  So this morning neice fell asleep after being roused from bed for school and missed her bus.

No biggie to my eyes, neice has to walk a whole 2.5 miles to school and will be late.  But the school admin and resident cop don't concur since neice is "Learning Disabled"  (she's not, she was misstracked in FL and until lately has been lazy with her studies) and have now threatened my mother with child neglect unless she hires a freaking babysitter to ensure neice gets to school on time or has a family member do it.

*SIGH*

Maybe I should move to Florida, where THEY moved from in 2005.  That'll fix 'em right good.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 08:36:11 AM »
So because she is labeled LD she cannot walk to school?  And what problem is a babysitter supposed to solve?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
Yep, at least as the school admin views the situation. What a bunch of fools.  I guess there is some truth to the old saying "Those who can't teach go into educational admin".  The babysitter would be to ensure that the neice gets to the bus on time.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

TF_FH

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 08:19:48 AM »
I remember when I was a pain in the ass teenager my father threatened to shut the power off to my room completely.  You can do your homework at the table and after dinner you goto you room, to sleep.  I never got that bad but still it got me a little unnerved.  As far as computer passwords go, BIOS passwords are not very good.  You can unplug the computer and take out the BIOS battery for a minute or two and the BIOS is reset and so is the password.  A password set in Windows would work better, or you can even just take the power cord off the computer too.  Nothings more of a deterrent than a computer that wont turn on :-p