Author Topic: Police developing tractor beam.  (Read 1151 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Police developing tractor beam.
« on: June 28, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Police developing tractor beam.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 02:50:20 PM »
These things have "FAIL" written all over them.  I see grinding two car crashes in the future for the popos that use the grapplers.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:03:10 PM »
These things have "FAIL" written all over them.  I see grinding two car crashes in the future for the popos that use the grapplers.

Does it look more dangerous than a PIT maneuver though? Only issue I see is how close they have to get to deploy it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 03:05:01 PM »
Does it look more dangerous than a PIT maneuver though? Only issue I see is how close they have to get to deploy it.

I've never much cared for the PIT maneuver, actually. Cops often apply it when there's a lot of other traffic around to get tangled up in it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 03:35:49 PM »
It looks like Leonard is developing it, not the police.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 11:08:07 PM »
Till the cops try that on one of the redneck kids around here with 800hp out of a cummins diesel and they keep driving with a cop flapping in the breeze.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 03:15:33 AM »
Till the cops try that on one of the redneck kids around here with 800hp out of a cummins diesel and they keep driving with a cop flapping in the breeze.

This made me laugh way too damn hard.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »
I promise not to duck.

griz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 12:47:27 PM »
On some of the roads I've been on they have these things called bumps.  Looks like if the cop car hit one, the prongs of the fork would dig in and launch said car at a pretty steep angle.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.