Author Topic: Open carry inside Washington capital on the way out  (Read 2138 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Open carry inside Washington capital on the way out
« on: January 17, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2025481152_opencarryolyxml.html

First the Senate, and the House will soon follow.  I guess some of those open carry Texas people must have paid us a visit.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Open carry inside Washington capital on the way out
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »
A dress code needs to be instituted for open carry demonstrations, tout de suite.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 11:36:31 AM »
Be nice for folks to have common sense
There is a real special guy in texas  named Watkins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 11:49:54 AM »

Idiots like this are the problem.

I love guns. I'm immersed in the gun culture, I'm a 2A absolutist, and I think you should be able to buy integrally suppressed full auto short barreled rifles with Beta C drums and under barrel 40mm grenade launchers out of vending machines.

But if I see some guy who looks like a homeless version of Neo coming in with an AR pistol at the low ready like that, I'd be inclined to take a defensive position and call the cops.

If I'm that freaked out, can you imagine what the liberal morons in the WA .gov are thinking? Sadly, in WA the legislature has actually been more pro-gun than the people. The politicians struck down bans on suppressors and SBR's. The people voted in a rotten afterbirth of a law that created a registery and made it illegal to hand someone your gun to look at.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »
In their eyes that makes you a statist

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 02:05:55 PM »

Here is the second photo in the article.  Open carry neckbeards unite!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »
Makes me wonder if they're really commissioned from VPC.

Just wonderin'.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »
I have open carried in the Capitol building several times, without any issue. Oh wait, I keep my pistol holstered, give the building the respect it deserves as a seat of law and don't dress like someone anticipating the apocalypse.

History, as has been proven, is a bitch for those that don't learn from it. You know, that repeating and getting the same consequences thing if you are too stupid to learn from the mistakes of others.

Well, that is a prime example here, in 1969 the Black Panther Party openly carried guns into the Capitol building and as a result WA legislators passed RCW 9.40.271

Looks kind of familiar, doesn't it?

Another article;

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jan/17/washington-senate-bans-open-display-of-guns-in/

bob

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 07:12:50 PM »
Makes me wonder if they're really commissioned from VPC.

Just wonderin'.

Terry

No need for false flag "agents" when there are enough 'tards in the gun culture to do the damage on their own.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 07:55:05 PM »
I refuse to take anyone wearing a duster coat seriously. Period.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

• friends
Open carry inside Washington capital on the way out
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 08:08:55 PM »
Now my feelings are hurt! I only wear it where appropriate and since it's a 20 year old oiled coat it's outdoors only and preferably agricultural area

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 08:23:55 PM »
Now my feelings are hurt! I only wear it where appropriate and since it's a 20 year old oiled coat it's outdoors only and preferably agricultural area

Ha ha - same here. They actually make a good raincoat, especially when coupled with muck boots. Give you pretty much full coverage for short chores and stuff like walking the dog without having to struggle in and out of rain pants.

I don't think I'd wear mine around town as a fashion statement though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »
Only if the folks nearby had snorted so much coke their olfactory senses were completely gone.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 10:17:22 PM »
This was done in Virginia, correctly. VCDL showed up while the chamber was in session, decently dressed, with holstered sidearms. No Tropic Thunder extras. I went to an outdoor demonstration at the capitol shortly after Sandy Hook. I would not have been out of place carrying my slung AR that was in the car but did not need to run afoul of VAs arcane definition of an assault weapon. Meaning I had no 20 round mags with me. Only saw a few shouldered long guns. No real retards minus the Anon members and someone from a less enlightened generation with regard to race.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »
Owen, a Democrat who also serves as president of the Senate, said a notice of the change will be posted outside the gallery at the Capitol, likely before Monday’s floor session.

“We’re just noting that open carry is a form of demonstration and it’s no different than carrying a placard or something else of that nature,” he said.

Silly me. Here I was thinking that open carry was a form of self defense. Does that mean outside of the Washington state capital I can use placards for self defense? Do I need a permit to carry a concealed placard? Do I need a permit to carry a "something else of that nature"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 11:38:30 AM »
Silly me. Here I was thinking that open carry was a form of self defense. Does that mean outside of the Washington state capital I can use placards for self defense? Do I need a permit to carry a concealed placard? Do I need a permit to carry a "something else of that nature"?

In this case he's right. They're not hauling around rifles at the low ready for self defense, it's a form of protest. And by protest I mean "attention whoring."
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »
I have open carried in the Capitol building several times, without any issue. Oh wait, I keep my pistol holstered, give the building the respect it deserves as a seat of law and don't dress like someone anticipating the apocalypse.

History, as has been proven, is a bitch for those that don't learn from it. You know, that repeating and getting the same consequences thing if you are too stupid to learn from the mistakes of others.

Well, that is a prime example here, in 1969 the Black Panther Party openly carried guns into the Capitol building and as a result WA legislators passed RCW 9.40.271

Looks kind of familiar, doesn't it?

Another article;

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jan/17/washington-senate-bans-open-display-of-guns-in/

bob

Except they were actually presentable.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 05:14:57 PM »
French G. remarked,

I would not have been out of place carrying my slung AR that was in the car but did not need to run afoul of VAs arcane definition of an assault weapon.

How about a Mosin-Nagant rifle with cruciform pigsticker mounted?

Wotta image !

Definitely not an "assault weapon," and the pigsticker could not be called a knife... I guess.

Not suggesting it, just imagining it.  

It would probably endanger the definition of "Curio and Relic" (C&R) anyhow.

Probably a good time to mention Terry's Rules Of Thumb For A Successful And Happy Life, #373,  §A, ¶32:  "Don't try to finesse the system."

Terry

REF:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2014/2374030905_239bf8b0be_z.jpg
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:28:30 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 06:04:52 PM »
I still don't understand the gas mask, nor the manner of dress of the other "guy" (?). Images like this go quite a ways in making sure those who may be on the fence about "gun crazies" will get off on the wrong side, IMO.

bob

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 06:39:12 PM »
I still don't understand the gas mask, nor the manner of dress of the other "guy" (?). Images like this go quite a ways in making sure those who may be on the fence about "gun crazies" will get off on the wrong side, IMO.

bob

Ya'll got some weirdos up there.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »

Idiots like this are the problem.

I love guns. I'm immersed in the gun culture, I'm a 2A absolutist, and I think you should be able to buy integrally suppressed full auto short barreled rifles with Beta C drums and under barrel 40mm grenade launchers out of vending machines.

But if I see some guy who looks like a homeless version of Neo coming in with an AR pistol at the low ready like that, I'd be inclined to take a defensive position and call the cops.

If I'm that freaked out, can you imagine what the liberal morons in the WA .gov are thinking? Sadly, in WA the legislature has actually been more pro-gun than the people. The politicians struck down bans on suppressors and SBR's. The people voted in a rotten afterbirth of a law that created a registery and made it illegal to hand someone your gun to look at.

I don't get it, if are protesting in favor of less gun control, don't dress like the people who have been in school shootings in the past.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BobR

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 07:49:10 PM »
Ya'll got some weirdos up there.

I can't argue with that.  =(

bob