Author Topic: AVATAR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1354 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« on: November 02, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »
Can someone here who knows how the APS system works provide some help?
I am relatively new here, and on several occasions have tried to upload an avatar from my home computer.  Each time I have tried I get the following reply:

"An error has occured."
"The attachment upload directory is not writable.  Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

What is happening?  How do I fix this and get my avatar up and running???
Does anyone here have advice or assistance?   Thanks.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: AVATAR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:24:31 PM »
Uploading avatar pictures hasn't worked for a while, you need to get an account on PhotoBucket or somesuch. Then use the "I have my own pic" option in your options, copy the url to the pic, and it should work.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 12:24:56 PM »
This appears to be a glitch after the move, I got the same error as that's how I was displaying my avatar previously. It appears the feature is currently disabled, but I don't know if it will be reactivated / fixed or not.

The workaround is to either put your avatar on an image hosting service, or if you have an ISP account that gives you free webspace, you can just put it there and point to that URL.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
I was going to offer advice, but then I re-read your title and realized that you only had 20 exclamation points, so I figured that you weren't serious.  If you had used 21 exclamation points, then I would have helped.

=D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »
I was going to offer advice, but then I re-read your title and realized that you only had 20 exclamation points, so I figured that you weren't serious.  If you had used 21 exclamation points, then I would have helped.

=D

Hmmmm.  How shortsighted of me.  Next time I'll be more careful. :rolleyes:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero