Author Topic: Ruger .22 DA revolver?  (Read 3697 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hutch

• friend
Re: Ruger .22 DA revolver?
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 09:48:36 AM »
I think I'm in love.....
With what?  Those look like socks on a rooster.  Now, I'm a fan of "pretty is as pretty does", but neither the LCR nor the new Smif bodyguard .38 are exactly shiney.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
With what?  Those look like socks on a rooster.  Now, I'm a fan of "pretty is as pretty does", but neither the LCR nor the new Smif bodyguard .38 are exactly shiney.

Instead of questioning your taste, I really want to hear the story of how you got to see a rooster in socks.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »
I would like those grips for my LCR-22.  May have to save up my pennies for one of those.  Holsters are a bit of a problem with this revolver.  I first bought a blackhawk holster for a bb gun at Walmart.  That worked for woods carry.  I now use that holster for my SR-22P.  I then got a leather holster made in Paraguay that the one gunshop carries their holsters.  It is okay.  But I don't intend to CCW this gun and would prefer a more traditional belt holster.

The 22 version of the SP-101 came out last summer I believe in August.  I still have not seen one in a store yet.  But then I really don't care since I have M17's, M18's, and other quality 22 revolvers already.  They have a fairly heavy trigger but not nearly as bad as the old version of the SP-101 in 22 that was discontinued.  I have handed so many of the old ones and never bought one and I like 22 revolvers.  The new one is better.

It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »
as far as a fun gun, a .22 revolver is one of the essential firearms.  my favorite pistol is my smith 63.  i haven't fired any of the newer rugers, but i never was a fan of their heavier trigger.  perhaps they have changed?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
The trigger has improved on the 22, but not changed.  Still better than Taurus 94.  I want to take a look at the Charter Arms Pathfider and make a judgement.  I suspect I will feel the same way as I always go back to either Colt or S&W for quality 22 revolvers.  The Ruger Single Six, Single Ten and so forth are exceptions, but I am not a big single action fan with 22's.

The Model 63 is a good one.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Lee

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 05:07:50 PM »
Finally made it to Cabelas today. They had two in stock at full MSRP.
I can't see paying $600 for one...not right now anyway.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2013, 06:08:53 PM »
i can't blame you.  it was always hard for me to lay out the same $$ for a plinkster as for a larger defensive caliber, but it is the one i shoot more than any.  i was lucky to find my 63 for $200 a few years ago,  looking on gunbroker now they're around $600 used.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2013, 09:06:16 PM »
i can't blame you.  it was always hard for me to lay out the same $$ for a plinkster as for a larger defensive caliber, but it is the one i shoot more than any.  i was lucky to find my 63 for $200 a few years ago,  looking on gunbroker now they're around $600 used.

$200 was a steal. I paid $400 for a decent square butt 63 three years ago.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 09:22:40 AM »
funny, i read that as 63 years ago..... :laugh:     i did get a good deal, mainly because the cylinder has a few dings from it being out of time at some point.  otherwise it's in very good condition and is an excellent shooter.