Author Topic: The Great Tennessee Marijuana Cave  (Read 6343 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: The Great Tennessee Marijuana Cave
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 12:35:22 PM »

Very impressive.  Minus the weed, it'd be a really nice place.  I imagine eventually it'll go on the market like all other drug-repo equipment.  Just glancing at the setup, someone had a lot of engineering talent.  That does not look like a hastily slapped together operation.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »

Very impressive.  Minus the weed, it'd be a really nice place.  I imagine eventually it'll go on the market like all other drug-repo equipment.  Just glancing at the setup, someone had a lot of engineering talent.  That does not look like a hastily slapped together operation.

It's already up for auction.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=50847

The cave is two miles long!  shocked

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 12:47:06 PM »
I'm of course slightly biased, losing my older brother to a drunk driver

Just to get this straight: because you're brother was killed by a drunk (drunk on...legal... alcohol?)... marijuana users are horrible people who we should joke about shooting?

Right...
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 01:29:12 PM »
No, the obvious solution would be to ban alcohol. I can't believe that hasn't ocurred to anyone else.

Why not just ban *ALL* narcotics? After all, it can't possibly have any unintended consequences, can it?

</sarcasm>
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 01:33:18 PM »
I'm of course slightly biased, losing my older brother to a drunk driver

Just to get this straight: because you're brother was killed by a drunk (drunk on...legal... alcohol?)... marijuana users are horrible people who we should joke about shooting?

Right...

Well, in a way, I can commiserate.  I think anyone who drives around whom is inhibited by substances, be they weed, alcohol, or other dope oughta at least face serious penalties.  It's one thing to party, but it's quite another to put others at risk partying.
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »
I agree.  But the act of driving while under the influence is what should be brutally punished.  The act of getting high as a kite in your own home should not.

Warren

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 01:51:16 PM »
I agree.  But the act of driving while under the influence is what should be brutally punished.  The act of getting high as a kit in your own home should not.

How high do kits get?

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 02:42:48 PM »
At the risk of turning this into a drug thread instead of us all remarking how cool it would be to have our own gunny batcave, I don't really have an issue with weed even though I don't smoke it. I see it as no worse than alcohol and like has been said before, punish the drunk driver for driving drunk, not for drinking. I have always struggled with this in my own silly little-l libertarian way. I think weed is fine, but heroin, meth and cocaine are bad news. Is this akin to someone not minding single shot rifles but freaking out over an AK, or do I actually have a reason to believe those three are worse.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 02:45:51 PM »
Sure, they are probably worse for you, but I think liberty should include the freedom to do really, really bad things to yourself.  If you do it in your own home, and mess yourself up, no skin off my back.  If you do it and run someone down with your car, you ought to be taken care of.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »
The more I think about it , the more I side with you on it. The amount of information we get on how bad drugs are, if your 18 and haven't figured it out yet, might as well remove yourself from the gene pool. It would also give something else for the dems to tax and regulate and then maybe the ATF will merge with the DEA and leave my guns alone.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 02:53:45 PM »
Another thing to consider is that prohibition of drugs just creates a violent black market, much like prohibition of alcohol did.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 06:40:43 PM »
Exactly.

Hell, the government oughta manufacture the *expletive deleted*it, and sell it.

They get the tax money, the dopers get their fix.

Issue them a card.  If they OD more than 3 times, sorry, too bad.... game over.

Or is that too *expletive deleted*ed up?

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2007, 06:50:14 PM »
Hell, the government oughta manufacture the *expletive deleted*it
They do. There is a marijuana greenhouse on campus under tight security where they do research and such.

Len Budney

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 01:48:42 AM »
Hell, the government oughta manufacture the *expletive deleted*it, and sell it. They get the tax money...

That's the best argument against legalization.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.