Author Topic: Jimmy Johns - meh.  (Read 3211 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Jimmy Johns - meh.
« on: November 10, 2007, 10:39:13 AM »
I just tried Jimmy Johns today.  I had the Vito, which had salami and capicola and what not.  That's usually the kind of sandwich I go for.  It was OK.   

Since we have so many Jimmy John fans here, what are your favorites?  And why don't they have chicken salad? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Jimmy Johns - meh.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 08:08:43 PM »
Chicken salad is so last week.  May as well have a #13 Kalifornia PETA Special with avocado, granola, and alfalfa sprouts.

I usually order the #2 Big John. 

That, or the JJBLT w/cheese.

Of course, the nearest Jimmy John's is all of a hop, skip, and jump down my road.  I even buy bread from them, you can ask for fresh-baked vs. the day-old stuff normally in the basket. 

Save your favorite JJ Location
Change Store Location

Menu

8" Sub Sandwiches

All of my tasty sub sandwiches are a full 8 inches of homemade French bread, fresh veggies and the finest meats & cheese I can buy! And if it matters to you , we slice everything fresh everyday in this store, right here where you can see it. (No mystery meat here!)
    #1 PEPE?
    Real applewood smoked ham and provolone cheese garnished with lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
    #2 BIG JOHN?
    Medium rare shaved roast beef, topped with yummy mayo, lettuce, and tomato.
    #3 TOTALLY TUNA"
    Fresh housemade tuna, mixed with celery, onions, and our tasty sauce, then topped with alfafa sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, and tomato. (My tuna rocks!)
    #4 TURKEY TOM?
    Fresh sliced turkey breast, topped with lettuce, tomato, alfafa sprouts, and mayo. (The original)
    #5 VITO?
    The original Italian sub with genoa salami, provolone, capicola, onion, lettuce, tomato & a real tasty Italian vinaigrette. (Hot peppers by request)
    #6 VEGETARIAN
    Layers of provolone cheese separated by real avocado spread, alfafa sprouts, sliced cucumber, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. (Truly a gourmet sub not for vegetarians only..........peace dude!)
    J.J.B.L.T."
    Bacon, lettuce, tomato, & mayo. (The only better BLT is mamas BLT)

Side Items

Soda Pop
    Giant chocolate chip cookie
    Giant oatmeal raisin cookie
    Real Potato Chips
    Jumbo Kosher Dill Pickle
    Extra Load of Meat
    Extra Cheese
    Extra Avocado Spread
    Hot Peppers

Freebies (Subs & Clubs Only)

Onion, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, mayo, sliced cucumber, Dijon mustard, oil & vinegar, and oregano.

Plain Slims(TM)

Any Sub minus the veggies and sauce.
    SLIM 1 - Ham & cheese
    SLIM 2 - Roast Beef
    SLIM 3 - Tuna salad
    SLIM 4 - Turkey Breast
    SLIM 5 - Salami, capicola, cheese
    SLIM 6 - Double provolone

Low Carb Lettuce Wrap - JJ Unwich(TM)
Low Carb Lettuce Wrap - JJ UNWICH(TM)

Same ingredients and price of the sub or club without the bread.

Your Catering Solution
Your Catering Solution!!!

BOX LUNCHES, PLATTERS, PARTIES!
    DELIVERY ORDERS will include a delivery charge of 25? per item
    (+/-10c).

JIMMYJOHNS.COM
The J.J. Gargantuan

This sandwich was invented by Jimmy John's brother Huey. It's huge enough to feed the hungriest of all humans! Tons of genoa salami, sliced smoked ham, capicola, roast beef, turkey & provolone, jammed into one of our homemade French buns then smothered with onions, mayo, lettuce, tomato, & our homemade Italian dressing.

Giant Club Sandwiches

My club sandwiches have twice the meat and cheese, try it on my fresh baked thick sliced 7 grain bread or my famous homemade french bread!
    #7 GOURMET SMOKED HAM CLUB
    A full 1/4 pound of real applewood smoked ham, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, & real mayo!
    #8 BILLY CLUB?
    Roast beef, ham, provolone, Dijon mustard, lettuce, tomato, & mayo.
    #9 ITALIAN NIGHT CLUB?
    Real genoa salami, Italian capicola, smoked ham, and provolone cheese all topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, and our homemade Italian vinaigrette. (You havta order hot peppers, just ask!)
    #10 HUNTER'S CLUB?
    A full 1/4 pound of fresh sliced medium rare roast beef, provolone, lettuce, tomato, & mayo.
    #11 COUNTRY CLUB?
    Fresh sliced turkey breast, applewood smoked ham, provolone, and tons of lettuce, tomato, and mayo! (A very traditional, yet always exceptional classic!)
    #12 BEACH CLUB?
    Fresh baked turkey breast, provolone cheese, avocado spread, sliced cucumber, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, and mayo! (Its the real deal, and it aint even California.)
    #13 GOURMET VEGGIE CLUB?
    Double provolone, real avocado spread, sliced cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, tomato, & mayo. (Try it on my 7-grain whole wheat bread. This veggie sandwich is world class!)
    #14 BOOTLEGGER CLUB?
    Roast beef, turkey breast, lettuce, tomato, & mayo. An American classic, certainly not invented by J.J. but definitely tweaked and fine-tuned to perfection!
    #15 CLUB TUNA?
    The same as our #3 Totally Tuna except this one has a lot more. Homemade tuna salad, provolone, sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, & tomato.
    #16 CLUB LULU"
    Fresh sliced turkey breast, bacon, lettuce, tomato, & mayo. (JJs original turkey & bacon club)

"Your Mom wants you to eat at Jimmy John's!"

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 09:46:15 PM »
What are alfafa sprouts ?
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 04:06:11 AM »
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 04:59:50 AM »
I like alfalfa sprouts. They're not bad in place of lettuce on a sandwich.

If I have to go to Jimmy John's, I usually get the turkey.
Andy

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 07:14:19 AM »
I usually get the Billy Club or the Italian Night Club

I'm I'm extra hungry and not planning on eating again for a while I get the Gargantuan

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536