Author Topic: Evansville attorney found not guilty  (Read 1928 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Evansville attorney found not guilty
« on: November 11, 2007, 05:41:35 AM »
This made some waves on the net when Brad was arrested, so I post what happened at trial on Friday.  Brad had kicked the crap out of the police a couple of times real bad and cops got a lot of bad press and egg on their face.  Payback is a bitch and the Drug Task Force down there just happened to find a CI who claimed that Happe was making meth in his law office. rolleyes

I've met lawyers who were set up by the cops and they have all been broken hollow shells.  Hope Brad gets help.  No one can stand alone against the government.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=7340030

Evansville attorney found not guilty of meth charges

Updated: Nov 9, 2007 10:38 PM EST

A Vanderburgh superior court jury acquitted 30-year-old, Brad Happe, on the felony charges of conspiracy to commit dealing in meth and dealing meth.

The jury got the case around 3:00 pm Friday afternoon. Happe's defense attorney John Brinson argued his client had a meth addiction but items found in Happe's law office-apartment in March were not part of a meth lab.

The jury apparently agreed and found Happe not guilty.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Evansville attorney found not guilty
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 05:52:35 AM »
I've met lawyers who were set up by the cops and they have all been broken hollow shells.  Hope Brad gets help.  No one can stand alone against the government.

The jury got the case around 3:00 pm Friday afternoon. Happe's defense attorney John Brinson argued his client had a meth addiction but items found in Happe's law office-apartment in March were not part of a meth lab.

The jury apparently agreed and found Happe not guilty.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he already was, or was well on the way to being a hollow shell, of his own making.

Doesn't make him a dealer though. I think the prosecution is the least of his problems.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 05:55:33 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Where is that "vast majority" of good cops who claim to hate bad cops more than "civilians" do, to denounce this?

And by the way, where is our support for nationwide "civilian" carry, like we were promised?

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 05:55:56 AM »
Happe's defense attorney John Brinson argued his client had a meth addiction

Sergeant Bob beat me to it; but this is bit still indicates that there's a real problem.  One greater than 'having the government come after him'.

It would have been far better if he'd come out completely clean.

Edit:  DJJ, I'm not sure if this would be one of those cases - he's apparently admitted to using meth.  The evidence against him was good enough to pass a grand jury, just not the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' during trial.

Bring out the cases where cops were found to have planted evidence, concealed signs of innocence, etc...  That's where I want to see screaming.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 08:31:03 AM »
  That's where I want to see screaming. 

Would you settle for hearing it?  Seeing it might be kind of tough.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »
Would you settle for hearing it?  Seeing it might be kind of tough.   smiley

Well, seeing as how they're supposed to be more upset about it that the civilians, I figure they'd make objects around vibrate, making it easy to see.  Wink

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 11:39:50 AM »
seems like the thin pinstriped line will defend and protect him