Author Topic: Here's one I've never seen...  (Read 4055 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Here's one I've never seen...
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 06:09:32 PM »
Why paint.  Just keep it in primer.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »
55 mph was only for a few years but I can't recall exactly when 65 mph on the highway was the norm before and after that period. It was instituted as a gas saving measure during the first big energy crunch. Mid to late 70's maybe. It was also touted as a life saving measure as well but both fell by the wayside some years later.

ask and wiki shall provide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Maximum_Speed_Law
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
my olde 73

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 09:04:13 PM »
My Bug, circa 1996:

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »
Someday maybe I will scan some prints of my wife's old (60-61-62-63-64-65-66-67...) yeller bug that she rolled.  We took the doors off and the remaining glass out and used it for a "mountain buggy" the rest of that summer.

It went pretty good with less weight, but we still couldn't quite make it up Flag Mountain (about 13K').  It powered out about halfway up from the pass to the summit, and I had a bit of fash getting it turned around up there.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 11:19:32 AM »
my current bug:
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"