Author Topic: All Aboard the Poo Bus!  (Read 2366 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
All Aboard the Poo Bus!
« on: March 29, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »
The UK Poo Bus, which runs on methane. The interesting part of the article for me was, though I knew methane was a somewhat inefficient fuel, I didn't know it was quite this inefficient (if the article example is accurate):

It can travel up to 186 miles on one tank of gas, which takes the annual waste of around five people to produce.

You need five people to poop for a year so you can drive less than 200 miles.  :laugh:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/nov/20/uks-first-poo-bus-hits-the-road
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: All Aboard the Poo Bus!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »
You need five people to poop for a year so you can drive less than 200 miles.  :laugh:

I have faith that our politicians can legislate a fecal-power bus of much less efficiency. If we all defecate together, we can surely close the crap gap!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:39:27 AM »

I have faith that our politicians can legislate a fecal-power bus of much less efficiency. If we all defecate together, we can surely close the crap gap!

I'm thinking if they can pass legislation that requires only poop from DC be used, we'd actually greatly increase efficiency. Politicians poop potent poo.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 01:12:05 PM »
Wood alcohol and a loaf of Wonder Bread and you got yourself a party bus.

5 people s#itting in the back of the bus and you got - 5 people s#itting in the back of the bus.

But what I really want to know is what is the methance producing difference between the New School Lunch menu, the new vertical food pyramid, and Maid Rite?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 02:12:28 PM »
I'm thinking if they can pass legislation that requires only poop from DC be used, we'd actually greatly increase efficiency. Politicians poop potent poo.

True. Of course, the bus would be an express straight to hell, with no stops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Divorce#Plot_summary
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »
I wonder how many miles it will go if powered by a 30k population swine confinement?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »
but how far will it go if you feed those five people a years worth of white castle?

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »
I wonder how many miles it will go if powered by a 30k population swine confinement?

You're asking that in the wrong forum. You want the Bartertown forum.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 03:06:59 AM »

Many of those places are setting up static power plants to power their facilities.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 12:01:06 PM »
but how far will it go if you feed those five people a years worth of white castle?

More chili and beans!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »
Many of those places are setting up static power plants to power their facilities.

I know of a few dairy barns in WI, haven't heard of swine facilities yet.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536