Author Topic: I'm being stalked  (Read 1481 times)

Suoiruf Selyts

I'm being stalked
« on: July 06, 2005, 07:38:29 AM »
I've left a message with Oleg elsewhere. Perhaps my doofus log-in here will have been of some use in foiling this nut.

http://appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?t=16131

So far, he's managed to join sigforum, and I think he may have managed to get onto THR, as well. What do you do with someone like this?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
I'm being stalked
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 08:00:25 AM »
Quote from: Suoiruf Selyts
I've left a message with Oleg elsewhere. Perhaps my doofus log-in here will have been of some use in foiling this nut.

http://appleswitcher.com/viewtopic.php?t=16131

So far, he's managed to join sigforum, and I think he may have managed to get onto THR, as well. What do you do with someone like this?
De-escilation would have been handy previously.  What's past is past.  Keep an eye out for suspious posts.  If ya see them, report them to the mods.  Tis all you need to do.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
I'm being stalked
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 08:25:37 AM »
Being stalked on the internet? Please, take the man's advice and ignore each other. No good can come of your badgering him.

ps: maybe your FIL has found a way to get back at you for the "cat" comment? Cheesy

Suoiruf Selyts

I'm being stalked
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 09:45:41 AM »
I'd give you guys all the background, but I know that the interest level isn't there. Here's a precis:

I've been dealing with this guy since about '98 or so on several different forums. Wherever he is, he's determined to be the "bull goose loony," and he resents my presence, which he has reacted to with industrial-strength trolling. I'm not going anywhere any time soon

I'm being stalked
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 11:59:38 PM »
Quote from: Blackburn
Stop having petty internet fights with people. If you just quit giving him attention, he'd be a non issue.

...some people never know when to just walk away.

Edit: You argue guns on an Ipod board? Someone needs real hobbies.
Agreed. I would also add that i would prefer that you didnt bring this garbage over to our boards as well, which is something that you seem intent on doing.

Seriously, a usefull way of avoiding a stalker would be NOT TELLING THEM WHERE YOU ARE GOING.

Yes, I also post at The High Road, http://thehighroad.org/, another firearms-oriented forum, also as Furious Styles. If you aren't aware of it yet, I'm also on http://smith-wessonforum.com/, too.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
I'm being stalked
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 08:44:48 AM »
It's only the internet, people. It isn't real life.  You're not being stalked.  Back away from the computer.  Go outside for a while.

mtnbkr

• friend
I'm being stalked
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 09:14:42 AM »
Quote from: dasmi
It's only the internet, people. It isn't real life.  You're not being stalked.  Back away from the computer.  Go outside for a while.
While I agree for the purposes of the "stalking" discussion, I really hate this attitude applied to the Internet in general.  IMO, it IS real life.  Just because you can't reach out and touch me doesn't diminish the value of conversation online.  Mostly, claiming the Internet isn't real is an excuse for jerks to say and do things that would get them punched in real life.

I apologize for the thread hijack attempt. Smiley

Chris

Lennyjoe

• friend
I'm being stalked
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 11:03:55 AM »
Quote from: dasmi
All you need to know is the persons name.  Go to www. zabasearch.com and type in his name and whalla, you know where to find them.  

I agree, quit telling him where you hang out and ignore the bastard.