Author Topic: "The Lord protects children and fools"  (Read 6660 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
"The Lord protects children and fools"
« on: August 24, 2010, 10:18:12 AM »
This guy shouldn't be alive. He's in critical condition at the hospital.

Judging from the video, he should be in multiple hospitals.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/video:-i-675-crash-caught-on-tape
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: "The Lord protects children and fools"
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:34:30 AM »
I must have missed the part of the wreckage that could possibly have housed a full-grown human.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:41:39 AM »
Wow!
I hope he lives long enough to one day tell his grandkids about the time he helicoptored a car into the side fo a bridge. :laugh:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:44:34 AM »
I must have missed the part of the wreckage that could possibly have housed a full-grown human.
That was my thought, too, but the the voice-over on TV said the driver ended up in the opposite lane; there must have been a bigger hunk of debris that went off to the left that was obscured by dust, at least from the viewpoint of the dashcam.

Probably one of the most spectacular crashes I've seen . . . even with no fireball.

Linked story said it shut down the highway for 6 hours . . . which is absurd. Ambulance run and cleanup shouldn't have taken more than a couple of hours at most.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
They needed pictures with circles and arrows, and a paragraph on the back describing the approach angle, the getaway, and most important the scene of the crime.

They probably also brought out those laser survey things that the accident reconstruction team uses to explain in minute detail why Humpty Dumpty cannot be put back together again, as well as how fast he was going just before he attepted to defy the laws of physics and gravity.

If he survives, he ought to sue the state and the highway engineer who dreamed up that vertical bump part just before the overpass.  If the median had followed its original contour all he would have done is accordioned into the base of the overpass, where they could have collected him the next time the litter patrol passed through the area, instead of going airborn sideways.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »
I didn't see any brake lights at all. I have a hard time believing someone would be doing that speed through the median on purpose--goes beyond normal teenage recklessness. Stuck accelerator maybe?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 11:39:31 AM »
i think if you look he ends upon the shoulder of the road infront of the car that barely stops in time to not hit him.  seen a few bodies ejected , usually on bikes,  and it looked like one
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »
Watch the right side of the video right after impact.  You can see the driver fly/slide across the highway and stop just in front of a car that has to slam on its brakes to avoid hitting him.

Im not sure of the model of the car, but I'm guessing it doesn't have air brakes, so why do the brake lights come on when he is in the air?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 12:11:33 PM »
 :O

I haven't seen anything like that since Knight Rider was cancelled --- and atleast Hasselhoff always managed to land right. [tinfoil]

Anyone know why that nimrod drove off into the median like that?    ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »
driving in excess of skill
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 12:13:39 PM »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 12:15:14 PM »
They needed pictures with circles and arrows, and a paragraph on the back describing the approach angle, the getaway, and most important the scene of the crime.

They probably also brought out those laser survey things that the accident reconstruction team uses to explain in minute detail why Humpty Dumpty cannot be put back together again, as well as how fast he was going just before he attepted to defy the laws of physics and gravity.
More likely, Krispy Kreme was quite some distance away and they had to arrange for a delivery. Perhaps several.

. . . Anyone know why that nimrod drove off into the median like that?    ???
Maybe it just seemed like a good idea at the time . . . (Wonder if his car had side airbags?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 12:20:45 PM »
I saw this on the local morning news,  This happened in the Dayton metro area and a few weeks ago in the Cincinnati metro area a 16 or 17 year old was clocked doing 120MPH.  The OHP was following the 16/17 year old (no lights or siren) and the kid sped up again and crashed in to a semi-truck that was in the inside emergency lane.  That kid was doing 100+ MPH and died.  They must think that they are indestructible.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 12:50:49 PM »
And it seems our choir boy was squeaky clean before this had a record:
http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/greene_county/eden-arrested-and-released-before-crash
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 02:05:27 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

griz

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 02:15:11 PM »
The shame of it is that unless he has a Come to Jesus moment after his recovery, his luck in surviving will have been wasted by his determination to do incredibly stupid things.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 02:16:51 PM »
Ooooooh!  Oooooooh!  Can we blame the War On Drugs?  Please, please, please can we blame the War On Drugs?!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »
The shame of it is that unless he has a Come to Jesus moment after his recovery, his luck in surviving will have been wasted by his determination to do incredibly stupid things.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »
Ooooooh!  Oooooooh!  Can we blame the War On Drugs?  Please, please, please can we blame the War On Drugs?!

i was gonna go with "who can blame this on the jbt!" myself   where is the monkey?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 03:15:24 PM »

If he survives, he ought to sue the state and the highway engineer who dreamed up that vertical bump part just before the overpass.  If the median had followed its original contour all he would have done is accordioned into the base of the overpass, where they could have collected him the next time the litter patrol passed through the area, instead of going airborn sideways.

stay safe.

Why?  That should be designed for highway speeds, not for whatever speed a moron in a souped up car decides to do.  Over-engineering based on the stupidity of the massess should be deemed unnecessary.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »
"Troopers are investigating what role, if any, speed played in the incident."

Um, duh?

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »
"Troopers are investigating what role, if any, speed played in the incident."

Um, duh?

I'm sure than an old lady with a walker would've fared just the same. ;/
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »
You forgot the aerial photography. Thanks now it's stuck in my head.. you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.. exceptin Alice.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »
I still think the guy who hit the landscaping berm at 100mph+ went 172 feet over a parking lot, then hit the fourth floor of an apartment building, putting a dent in the concrete wall still gets the prize.
I promise not to duck.