Author Topic: MHI TV RIGHTS SOLD  (Read 6682 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
MHI TV RIGHTS SOLD
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
omg. omg omg

On my phone.  find ur own link

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: MHI TV RIGHTS SOLD
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:51:37 PM »
Will each episode end with the words, "No monsters were harmed in the making of this program"?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:56:13 AM »
Will each episode end with the words, "No monsters were harmed in the making of this program"?

I hope not....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »
Don't worry, it will star Bruce Boxlietner, Lorenzo Lamas, John Schneider, and Debbie Gibson and air on the SyFy Channel!!!  

It is a can't lose.  

Hopefully, that will just be the SyFy Channel copy of the story called Monster Stalker Extraordinaire or League of Extraordinary Monster Hunters.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:40:40 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 08:38:04 AM »
That's the risk you run when you sell the TV/film rights to your novel.  Very few writers retain creative control over their works once the script doctors get a hold of it.

Hopefully Larry's team will realize it's just fine how it is and write a teleplay true to the original.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:19 PM »
Dang, was my post so depressing that it suppressed all discussion?  I'm not saying that is unusual, just expected more discussion on this. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 04:27:14 PM »
Dang, was my post so depressing that it suppressed all discussion?  I'm not saying that is unusual, just expected more discussion on this.

You forgot to mention that the monsters featured will be giant snakehead fish.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 04:44:29 PM »
I also forgot to mention that former pop singer Tiffany will also be a co-star. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
I hope it lasts longer than The Dresden Files (which I enjoyed both reading and watching).

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »
Don't worry, it will star Bruce Boxlietner, Lorenzo Lamas, John Schneider, and Debbie Gibson and air on the SyFy Channel!!!  

It is a can't lose.  

Hopefully, that will just be the SyFy Channel copy of the story called Monster Stalker Extraordinaire or League of Extraordinary Monster Hunters.

You should apply for the copyright on that asap before SyFy beats you to it.

If this gets a pilot I hope they get a real budget.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
So will Lorenzo Lamas be the tattooed man or should it someone like the guy from Machette? 

What movie star should play the daughter Monster Hunter?  Or would y'all rather see unknowns play this stuff who can actually shoot?

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 04:57:28 PM »
I'd prefer unknowns except for two:

Adam Baldwin plays Owen.
Gary Busey plays the crazy dad.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
Despite the horror that is High School Musical, I could see Vanessa Hudgens as Julie.

If realism is lacking I'd be happy to teach her to shoot as well.  :angel:

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »

Gary Busey plays the crazy dad.

Busey does crazy well.

As for Owen, y'all are forgetting that he was an accountant before he was a monster hunter.  They need a big guy who can pull off that numerate-nerdy thing, too, not just the shooting part.  Not as ineffectual as The Tick's Arthur, but there has to be some of that flavor.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 08:46:16 PM »
As for Owen, y'all are forgetting that he was an accountant before he was a monster hunter.  They need a big guy who can pull off that numerate-nerdy thing, too, not just the shooting part.  Not as ineffectual as The Tick's Arthur, but there has to be some of that flavor.

And Baldwin isn't that big, either.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »
Despite the horror that is High School Musical, I could see Vanessa Hudgens as Julie.

I could see her in that outfit in any movie....  =D

And Baldwin isn't that big, either.

Ahem....well....we won't ask if you won't tell....  :-*
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »
Not that I have anything really useful to add, except that Adam Baldwin is too old to play Pitt.  IIRC Pitt is 25-27 years old in the first book.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 09:35:08 PM »
So someone on Larry's Blog made the suggestion that Jewel Staite play Holly.  I wholeheartedly agree, and made the follow up suggestion that Julie be played by Morena Baccarin.....   

oh, and pardon me while I step into deranged fanboy mode for a second....

My signed copies of MHI and MHI:V just arrived in the mail....   *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 11:50:08 PM »
Quote from: Devonai
Hopefully Larry's team will realize it's just fine how it is and write a teleplay true to the original.

Ahhaahaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!   Oh, that's a GOOD one!!!

What Larry has written will resemble the scaffolding, not the building.  Already the producers are thinking "We need more boobs--what if we make the monster hunter a WOMAN??  No--WAIT!!  Twin teenage GIRLS!!  That'll get us the teen demographic, and the 22 to 35 male audience too!  Hey--could we make the twins monsters themselves?  VAMPIRES!!  That's what we need!! Twin vampire girls with a grudge!  They'll need a car..."

I hope Larry is ready.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 03:51:31 PM »
OMG
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
Already the producers are thinking "We need more boobs...."

I like these producers.....   =D

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 11:14:42 PM »
Ahhaahaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!   Oh, that's a GOOD one!!!

What Larry has written will resemble the scaffolding, not the building.  Already the producers are thinking "We need more boobs--what if we make the monster hunter a WOMAN??  No--WAIT!!  Twin teenage GIRLS!!  That'll get us the teen demographic, and the 22 to 35 male audience too!  Hey--could we make the twins monsters themselves?  VAMPIRES!!  That's what we need!! Twin vampire girls with a grudge!  They'll need a car..."

I hope Larry is ready.
How can you top a hot owner's granddaughter and a stripper team member?  Anyway, they can fix that with someone hot to play the vampire mother not to mention some creative license with the dark Incan rituals.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
  . . . some creative license with the dark Incan rituals.
Nope, on TV you generally can't do Incans (i.e., Native Americans) any more than you can do Moslems as the bad guys; think of a rewrite to include dark Nazi rituals.

With Stargate:Universe ending it's run, Lou Diamond Philips could fill the Owen Zastava Pitt role . . . sure, he's not really a big guy, but he's got three names, right? Othewise, they'll have to sign up some big guy from WWE Smackdown that's also (appropriately enough) on SyFy.

Hmmm . . . elves. Who to play the elf queen . . . Kirstie Ally? Mo'Nique?

Agent Franks . . . does Boris Karloff have a great-grandson in the business?  ;)

And snakes . . . if its on SyFy, it HAS to have some giant snakes.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »
Phillips would make a better bad guy.