Author Topic: Meteorite in Russia  (Read 6676 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Meteorite in Russia
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 02:56:28 AM »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 03:28:15 AM »
They're lying to us all! Those videos were obviously doctored.  The invasion is upon us. The aliens are here! [ar15]

That would have been something witness.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 06:58:07 AM »
Any reports concerning elephants and hang gliders?
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:25:33 AM »
just a precursor for the 2012 DA14 main show at 2:25 EST today
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 09:49:50 AM »
Any day may bring an ELE or an event that brings mankind to the brink. Nobody  saw this coming and it is possible a big planet changing one could slip by unnoticed.

Or you may slip walking out the front door and die in a stupid accident.

Our lives are nothing but the merest puff of vapor that appear for a brief moment and then are gone.

Be thankful for every moment you get.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »
^^^
*expletive deleted*ing wet blanket.

=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »
Watch out for carnivorous plants. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »
Buckle your seatbelt.

So, let's say this object had hit and killed a person.  Would that be considered a "natural cause"?  Is it sad that my first thought was to re-read the "falling objects" clause of my homeowners insurance?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »
Any reports concerning elephants and hang gliders?

Footfall!

(Rats, lost my copy.)
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
INVADERS!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 01:55:54 PM »
Independance Day!  I wonder if there were any EMP disruptions?
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »
I don't think there was any EMP disruptions, however mobile phone services are reported to have collapsed, presumably due to everyone losing their **** and trying to make a call at the same time.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »
On to the next topic of space business.  When will Obama tell us about the aliens?

“time has come”

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2af_1359010232
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
In reality there's an impact or atmospheric detonation in the ballpark range of that size, maybe one a year or so. Sometimes more. Early warning launch satellites, and nuclear test detection satellites pick them up now and then. In the early days of the satellites, they caused some false positives, until they figured out that the signatures didn't match nuclear detonations, and things like x-rays and gammas were missing.

Luckily most of Earth is covered by water, and despite our population, large stretches of the land surface that's already in the minority are sparsely or completely uninhabited.
I promise not to duck.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »

:rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 04:31:42 PM »
Hearing rumors of another meteorite strike in Cuba.

http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2013/02/meteor-crashes-in-cuba-day-after-russia-fireball-2454428.html

Little green men, skeet-shooting on a planetary scale? [tinfoil]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
That meteorite was no accident! It was launched by Obama at Fox News' satellite. Missed it by that ---> <--- much.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
Obama goes orbital skeet shooting all the time.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 06:44:14 PM »
It's John Kerry's fault.  He tried to warn Russia and they wouldn't take the call.  I think that is hillarious.  He's the Secretary of State.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 07:44:01 PM »
Saint Malachy predicted that there would be fire in the sky as the last Pope resigned, its clear that Armageddon is here and that the end is nigh.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »

Hmmm.  I wonder if Audrey was a Triffid . . .

Feed me Seymour!
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 09:26:16 PM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »
Or drunk.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"