Author Topic: There ought to be a chargable offense here  (Read 6683 times)

cambeul41

• friend
There ought to be a chargable offense here
« on: November 17, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »
#Ferguson Protest Group Releases List of Targets, Including: Anheuser Busch, Boeing, Emerson Electric, Airport

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11/justice-for-mike-brown-group-releases-list-of-targets-including-anheuser-busch-boeing-emerson-electric-airport/
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: There ought to be a chargable offense here
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:03:11 PM »
I'm going to regret asking this, but what is the point of targeting hospitals?  Don't the "protestors" realize they're going to need those facilities when the good people of Ferguson have had enough?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 05:06:56 PM »
Also, why churches?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:09:31 PM »
Also, why churches?

Hawkmoon's quote in your signature answers both of our questions.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »
I would think "Conspiracy to commit terrorist acts" would apply in this case.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
Hospitals would be a good place for the Mayor and Governor to get ahead of things with a strong warning statement that there will be absolutely no protesting at hospitals and that it will be an immediately arrestable offense. It will be pretty hard for the protestors to get any at-large sympathy if they complain about not being able to disrupt emergency medical services.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 06:24:03 PM »
Not  protesting at the "Yes We Can Club"?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:21:57 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
These are the same *expletive deleted*s that "We're gonna loot and you better not try to stop us" demands to the police, right?

I'm going to regret asking this, but what is the point of targeting hospitals?  Don't the "protestors" realize they're going to need those facilities when the good people of Ferguson have had enough?

They don't care. Their objective is to burn it all down, they want total destruction and anarchy. And new Nikes. Can't forget those. They may claim that they are only there for "peaceful protesting" but for some reason, it seems to turn to violence more often than not.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:11:17 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
 Rioting and looting are the tools of those without a voice. The rioting and looting, while I didn’t participate in it , was necessary. Without it we would not be standing here today.

This was at the bottom of the link and is not named, but I find it very telling, especially the bolded section.

If your leaders aren't willing to actually lead from the front, then you really should question their motives. Especially if they are asking you to do something illegal.

I shall refrain from saying what I hope happens to anyone who participates in this idiocy, because of our rules, but I can say that there is no value in a riot and the sheer stupidity of it disgusts me.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »
I shall refrain from saying what I hope happens to anyone who participates in this idiocy,

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 07:19:52 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 09:35:46 PM »
They are chargable offenses, but you need to have a prosecutor willing to do the right thing regardless of politics or bad press.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »
What do the bandannas tied around their foreheads represent? I remember seeing pictures of Koreans (and I am sure other asians) protecting their property during the riots, but only in regular clothing.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 10:06:42 PM »
What do the bandannas tied around their foreheads represent? I remember seeing pictures of Koreans (and I am sure other asians) protecting their property during the riots, but only in regular clothing.

Comedic portrayal of an Asian stereotype.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 10:31:38 PM »
Comedic portrayal of an Asian stereotype.

So like Japanese banzai? I know the stereotype has positive financial benefits to a business local to my workplace. Co-workers say that it is completely safe to shop there  (despite parking lot full of loiterers) because owners are "asian and they'll come out with a gun if anybody messes with their customers". That quote is from hispanic/black co-workers.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 01:32:25 AM »
The source of the target list is now denying that it came from them. So who knows? The Gateway Pundit is not the most reliable source.

Assuming the list is authentic:

I'm going to regret asking this, but what is the point of targeting hospitals?  Don't the "protestors" realize they're going to need those facilities when the good people of Ferguson have had enough?

The point is to make life hard for everybody - not just the good people of Ferguson. The art museum is nowhere near Ferguson, and the Botanical Gardens are even farther away. Anheuser Busch is further still (no pun intended). But they want everyone to know it's not business as usual, and life can't go on, until teh social justice eschaton is immanentized.

I think their strategy of targeting distant neighborhoods is going to backfire, and has probably already backfired. They've been doing this for months.

Yeah, the whole hospital thing is really jaw-droppingly - special. Aside from blocking emergency cases from hospital entrances, (which could easily happen, even if the organizers try to prevent it (especially because not every dire-emergency patient will arrive in an ambulance)), there are noise ordinances. If they are stoopid enough to try it, I hope some case law emerges, that helps SCOTUS rethink their moronic stance on funeral protests.

Also on the list is the Quiktrip on West Florissant Avenue. The mind boggles that any group claiming to be peaceful would associate themselves with that place. But the "protestors" don't seem to get it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 09:18:01 AM »
In looking over the target list, it would appear to me that these people may make more enemies than they do allies.  Veterans for Peace?  A children's hospital?  Not exactly targets which will win over the hearts and minds.  In fact, I would imagine that some of these targets would bring in a federal smackdown, no matter how friendly the current administration may be to the cause.

That said, in looking at the weather forecast, there seems to me to be a simple solution.  Hose everyone down with water.  High temperatures in the 30's and 40's, most protesters won't be dressed for cold and wet, hypothermia will drive them back inside where it's warm.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 09:49:13 AM »
Hose em down THEN confine em outside in a field or stadium until they are good and contrite. A good sign of contrition is blue lips .

It's encourages a better attitude

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »
I would think that charges of inciting a riot would be a great start along with some terror charges and threats of being shipped to Gitmo.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
Hospitals would be a good place for the Mayor and Governor to get ahead of things with a strong warning statement that there will be absolutely no protesting at hospitals and that it will be an immediately arrestable offense. It will be pretty hard for the protestors to get any at-large sympathy if they complain about not being able to disrupt emergency medical services.

Throw in a clear and public order that ambulances and fire trucks are not to alter course or speed on encountering protesters, and you just might accomplish something.

That said, in looking at the weather forecast, there seems to me to be a simple solution.  Hose everyone down with water.  High temperatures in the 30's and 40's, most protesters won't be dressed for cold and wet, hypothermia will drive them back inside where it's warm.

Diesel gets cold too, with the bonus of asking them right after, "so, you still want to try to burn stuff?"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 11:26:21 AM »
Throw in a clear and public order that ambulances and fire trucks are not to alter course or speed on encountering protesters, and you just might accomplish something.

I already saw a video where protestors (can't recall if it was Ferguson or STL) blocked an ambulance that was running with lights and siren. They let it through, but they had to move the vehicle that they had setup to block the road first. That all had to take at least a couple of minutes in a situation where seconds count. From what I read, there were no repercussions. That is another situation where there should have been strong repercussions, where again, it would have been difficult for protestors to garner sympathy.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
I already saw a video where protestors (can't recall if it was Ferguson or STL) blocked an ambulance that was running with lights and siren. They let it through, but they had to move the vehicle that they had setup to block the road first. That all had to take at least a couple of minutes in a situation where seconds count. From what I read, there were no repercussions. That is another situation where there should have been strong repercussions, where again, it would have been difficult for protestors to garner sympathy.

This is why I often wonder about the lack of redneck bumpers on ambulances.  I know part of the reason for a fire truck accompanying is so that it can run interference if the situation calls for it, but a properly equipped ambulance (they tend to be built on Ram 3500, F350 or similar chassis around here anyway) could have moved the blockage itself and then sent police in to collect the people who would be held liable for repair costs to the ambulance.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 01:17:48 PM »
. . . That said, in looking at the weather forecast, there seems to me to be a simple solution.  Hose everyone down with water.  High temperatures in the 30's and 40's, most protesters won't be dressed for cold and wet, hypothermia will drive them back inside where it's warm. 
Not a bad idea. A couple of decades ago, in mid-winter, a group of "peace" activists climbed over the fence one night at one of the military bases up in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. (Camp Ripley?)

The MPs controlled them with fire hoses. Then picked them up and trucked them over a mile away to the main gate, at which point they were released beyond the wire and advised to just walk back to their cars.

Much shivering ensued . . . they were OUTRAGED that they weren't arrested, given dry clothing, blankets, coffee, etc. When some called in to a local radio show to complain about being made to walk a long distance in the dark on a freezing night in wet clothing, a different caller said "Well, flamethrowers would have warmed 'em up a bit!!"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 02:56:04 PM »
The water could also be distributed from the air.  I imagine a plane used to put out fires could be set up to release the water at a slower rate and soak an entire area.  Crop duster maybe.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 05:16:20 PM »
Hose em down THEN confine em outside in a field or stadium until they are good and contrite. A good sign of contrition is blue lips .

It's encourages a better attitude

I like your idea for simple and effective crowd control.

But far more lenient than I would be, were I Dictator for Life RocketMan.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.