Author Topic: British Muslims Genocide e-mail trojan  (Read 543 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
British Muslims Genocide e-mail trojan
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:11:52 AM »
Be careful.

One so labeled came through to my office e-mail. It supposedly has a video, but the video is named XXX.exe. The company's sniffers pounced on it as containing a nice little Trojan.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: British Muslims Genocide e-mail trojan
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 06:52:10 AM »
Do you recall what the sniffer ID'd it as?  I started seeing a swarm of trojans coming in to my workplace yesterday.  All caught by our AV software, but still damned annoying.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: British Muslims Genocide e-mail trojan
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 07:38:04 AM »
This is the sniffer report...

File attachment: Full Video.exe
The file attached to this email was removed
because the file name is not allowed.

File attachment: Full Video.exe
A file attached to this email was removed
because it was infected with a virus.

Virus Name:  Trojan.Packed.8
Virus ID:    53508

A couple of years ago on a different project we got a "Anna Kornikuova Pictures... HOT!" spam, one of those that took over people's inboxes and self-mailed itself. It was just new enough that the filtering system didn't catch it.

Several people who damned well should have known better (programmers and developers) apparently let their testicles do their thinking for them. Photos do NOT end in .VBS!

Within the span of about 30 seconds I had gotten nearly 100 iterations of the thing in my inbox, as did most people at the office.

Our e-mail server was down for two days because of them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.