Author Topic: 3D printer - rifle shoots 14 rounds  (Read 621 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
3D printer - rifle shoots 14 rounds
« on: August 08, 2013, 03:10:35 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/07/Report-3D-Printed-Rifle-Successfully-Fires-14-Rounds

hopefully prices will keep going down as the tech gets better and better.
maybe this will drive the price down of good guns like smith etc
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: 3D printer - rifle shoots 14 rounds
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 03:13:01 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/07/Report-3D-Printed-Rifle-Successfully-Fires-14-Rounds

hopefully prices will keep going down as the tech gets better and better.
maybe this will drive the price down of good guns like smith etc

Then someone will complain that it is not as strong as Glock plastic, kind of like the heated argument of forged vs MIM parts of a couple US gun makers.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
I believe the rifle in question here is an SBR under US law.  Keep in mind it was printed in Canadia (eh).

I wouldn't suggest downloading the STL for it if you have a 3D printer (coughconstructiveposessioncough).

Having STL's for other stuff is fine since you can build anything you want, but SBR's still have to be papered.  STL of an SBR + 3D printer = damned easy win for a lazy F-trooper.

Good on them for shooting 14 rounds without failure.  I bet putting some hose clamps around the chamber section of the barrel would result in significantly longer life of the firearm.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »
. . .  STL of an SBR + 3D printer = damned easy win for a lazy F-trooper.
Hmmm . . . is possession of a double barrel shotgun and a hacksaw ALSO an easy win? The hacksaw with shorten the barrel faster than a 3D printer will print up a gun.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain