Author Topic: Fort Hood, TX: Shooting  (Read 55798 times)

crt360

• friend
Re: Fort Hood, TX: Shooting
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »
General said shooters were soldiers.  12 dead, 31 wounded.
For entertainment purposes only.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »
12 dead 31 wounded according to the Army General, 1 shooter dead 2 more suspects.  At a readiness facility for troops getting ready to deploy.

edit- crt beat me to it
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 04:55:21 PM »
One police officer among the dead....

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 05:05:45 PM »
Well, it's actual soldiers, as confirmed by the Lt. General. I still have to wonder if it's a Asan Akbar type situation. (the guy who tossed frags in his CO's tents...)  =(
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 05:07:55 PM »
Could be AJ, but I'd put money on a 2-3 guys who grew really close but had trouble with the rest of the unit. Sucks anyway you look at it. :(
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 05:09:29 PM »
MSNBC reports that one of the solders in custody is a Major with an arabic sounding name.  Could be a few sleepers?
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »
I just saw/listened to President Obama's speech.

Am I the only one?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 05:11:22 PM »
Could be AJ, but I'd put money on a 2-3 guys who grew really close but had trouble with the rest of the unit. Sucks anyway you look at it. :(

I'm still amazed if one really was a Major. And Sgt. Hasan Ackbar was a guy who "had trouble with his unit" too.

I just saw/listened to President Obama's speech.

Am I the only one?

I started on a streaming feed, then closed it. It became clear he was going to just drone on addressing generalities. And I can only take his voice for so long..
I promise not to duck.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »
It was worse than that. He became confused and tried to give the speech he was supposed to give originally AND the speech about the shooting, AT ONCE.

"I hope this results in some terrific work between our government and your governments" was his concluding phrase.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »
It was worse than that. He became confused and tried to give the speech he was supposed to give originally AND the speech about the shooting, AT ONCE.

"I hope this results in some terrific work between our government and your governments" was his concluding phrase.

Those teleprompters . . .
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »
Wow... Way to go Obama...

Also, it just might be sleepers if all the involved are Muslim/Arabic. Damn... :(

Does anyone have a link where it discusses who the shooters/suspects are? I can't find one.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:21:16 PM by Balog »

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 05:24:36 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/soldiers-killed-fort-hood-shooting/story?id=9007938
Major Malik Nadal Hasan.

Wasn't there another shooting at Ft. Hood years ago by a soldier? IIRC, he climbed a guard tower and fired away at everyone below.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 05:47:08 PM »
On a tragic day like this, the first thing Obama did was, with even a bit of levity, talked about some meeting today with respect to native Americans.  After he rambled on about that, then he started to talk about the shooting as if it were an afterthought.  I turned it off.  I can't stand to listen or look at that person without getting upset at his arrogance and his implied and/or expressed denigration of our country.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 06:06:53 PM »
Here is the story.  My stepson is still at Fort Hood and went through that briefing/debriefing center in July this year.  We got a message saying he is ok.  If and when we get more info I will post it.

Army: 12 die in dual shootings at Fort Hood, Texas
AP

FORT HOOD, Texas – A soldier opened fire at a U.S. Army base in Fort Hood, Texas on Thursday, unleashing a stream of gunfire that left 12 people dead and 31 wounded. Authorities killed the gunman, and apprehended two other soldiers suspected in the attack.

The shooting began around 1:30 p.m., Lt. Gen. Bob Cone said at a news conference. He said all the casualties took place at the base's Soldier Readiness Center, where soldiers who are about to be deployed or who are returning undergo medical screening.

"It's a terrible tragedy. It's stunning," Cone said.

Little was known about the three soldiers suspected of taking part in the attack. The soldier used two handguns, Cone said. It was not clear if the gunman had stopped to reload.

A graduation ceremony for soldiers who finished college courses while deployed was going on in an auditorium at the Readiness Center at the time of the shooting, said Sgt. Rebekah Lampam, a Fort Hood spokeswoman.

Greg Schanepp, U.S. Rep. John Carter's regional director in Texas, was representing Carter at the graduation, said John Stone, a spokesman for Carter, whose district includes the Army post.

Schanepp was at the ceremony when a soldier who had been shot in the back came running toward him and alerted him of the shooting, Stone said. The soldier told Schanepp not to go in the direction of the shooter, he said. Stone said he believes Schanepp was in the theater.

The base was locked down after the shootings. The wounded were dispersed among hospitals in central Texas, Cone said.

In Washington, President Barack Obama called the shooting "a horrific outburst of violence." He said it's a tragedy to lose a soldier overseas and even more horrifying when they come under fire at an Army base on American soil.

"We will make sure that we get answers to every single question about this horrible incident," the commander in chief said. "We are going to stay on this."

Covering 339 square miles, Fort Hood is the largest active duty armored post in the United States. Home to about 52,000 troops as of earlier this year, the sprawling base is located halfway between Austin and Waco.

Around the country, some bases stepped up security precautions, but no others were locked down.

Fort Hood officially opened on Sept. 18, 1942, and was named in honor of Gen. John Bell Hood. It has been continuously used for armored training and is charged with maintaining readiness for combat missions.

___

AP National Security Writer Anne Gearan and Associated Press writers Lolita C. Baldor and Devlin Barrett in Washington, D.C., and Associated Press Writer Jay Root in Fort Worth, Associated Press Writers Linda Stewart Ball, Anabelle Garay and Andre Coe in Dallas contributed to this report.

Related Searches:

* army base
    * three soldiers
    * fort hood, texas

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »
Damn, glad to hear he's ok Grandpa Shooter.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »
Golly gee, what could possibly be the motive for a Major Malik Nadal Hasan to shoot the hell out of a bunch of our boys going off to south Asia?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »
Enemies of our country.

You got that right.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 06:28:33 PM »
On another board someone claims to have found his facebook page:  

EDITED

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:49:59 PM by red headed stranger »
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 06:42:14 PM »
Not the right guy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 06:54:16 PM »
Yet another unarmed populace dies by the hand of a gun-wielding maniac.

How many of those soldiers have carry permits but were denied the opportunity to defend themselves by the PC Army brass?

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »
They are reporting that he *might* have been born in Jordan.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2009, 07:08:18 PM »
Tons of speculation, a dribble of facts.  Now it appears that Major Hasan was an Army psychiatrist who specialized in treating traumatic stress.   Supposedly he may have been upset about orders to deploy to Iraq later this month.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
More speculating, but a coworker is being quoted as saying he would spout off with some pretty racy stuff about Muslims having a right to rise up to attack Americans and some other things. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »
There is a report that the other two persons arrested have been released.  If true, we're back down to a lone nut.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »
Anyone else worry what he might have been counseling the guys with bad PTSD to do?  :O

Putting a radical anti-American in charge of our must vulnerable, easily suggestable, and potentially violent troops. Smooth move.