Author Topic: Fort Hood, TX: Shooting  (Read 55802 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Fort Hood, TX: Shooting
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »
Ya know... something's inherently messed up with our military if 1 nut with a handgun can kill a dozen folks and injure another 30... and there isn't a sidearm on an MP or officer nearby to put the guy down before he gets his 3rd shot off.

Srsly.  One asshat with a pistol just killed more soldiers today than the Taliban did in the same time while equipped with RPG's and AK's.

Our freakin' ARMY BASES should not be Gun Free Victim Disarmament Zones. =(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
Amen, AZ.

No civilian officials can rival the authoritarian attitude of military installation commanders. Not even close. I don't understand why base COs don't trust their troops...

TC
TC
RT Refugee

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2009, 07:39:24 PM »
Anyone else worry what he might have been counseling the guys with bad PTSD to do?  :O

Putting a radical anti-American in charge of our must vulnerable, easily suggestable, and potentially violent troops. Smooth move.

While he may or may not have had the views you ascribe, it's just as likely that he's a soldier who snapped under pressure.  In this case a soldier who snapped who happens to be of middle-eastern ancestry.  
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2009, 07:41:44 PM »
i want to know how and who finally took out the shooter.

i am also curious about why i didn't know anything about this till i saw a facebook status when i was in front of a tv at the time it happened and listining to the radio all evening before comeing home.

also, i think that reserving judgement and theroys regarding the fellows name may be wise. this could have been many diffrent things. we don't know anything yet.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2009, 07:46:53 PM »
While he may or may not have had the views you ascribe, it's just as likely that he's a soldier who snapped under pressure.  In this case a soldier who snapped who happens to be of middle-eastern ancestry.  

Yeah those base psychologists are sure under a lot of combat stress, sitting in an office talking to people all day.  :rolleyes:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2009, 07:49:18 PM »
Yeah those base psychologists are sure under a lot of combat stress, sitting in an office talking to people all day.  :rolleyes:

seeing the pain and suffering of his patients all day? being unable to always help? and so many of them getting ready to go back to what hurt them in the first place?

yes, i can see how someone dedicated to helping/healing people might lose it under those circumstances. i'm suprised you can't.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2009, 07:51:52 PM »
In addition to the other two individuals reported as released, apparently a third person has now been detained. This being reported by Congressman Carter's office there in TX.  He is being interviewed on Fox as I type this.
He has been in touch with Ft. Hood officials frequently since the incident occurred.
Things are still pretty fluid there, it seems.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »
Meh, it's possible. Not as likely as the alternative imho. I find it amusing how people grasp at the most PC alternative until they can't possibly cling to it anymore. Surprising amount of "ignoring facts deemed unPC" going on here at APS lately...

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
Earlier, I ran by the hospital (S&W) where many of the victims are being treated to donate blood and they actually had hundreds more donors show up than they could handle.  I've never seen anything like it.
For entertainment purposes only.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2009, 07:57:27 PM »
Meh, it's possible. Not as likely as the alternative imho. I find it amusing how people grasp at the most PC alternative until they can't possibly cling to it anymore. Surprising amount of "ignoring facts deemed unPC" going on here at APS lately...

because its so PC to be unwilling to spectulate about the whys and hows a bunch of our soilders died when all the information so far has been practically nothing? or is his name proof for your theroy?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 08:00:43 PM »
Never said speculation is a bad thing. It's all we have at this point. I just find it interesting to see where the various members goto first, as well as the people who get defensive about non-PC options.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »
Never said speculation is a bad thing. It's all we have at this point. I just find it interesting to see where the various members goto first, as well as the people who get defensive about non-PC options.

So answering speculation that he's a super-secret muslim sleeper agent terrorist with speculation that he might have simply been a soldier who went off his nut is PC?
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

crt360

• friend
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 08:08:50 PM »
For everyone who's speculating, I heard he's also a Virginia Tech grad.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 08:09:46 PM »
Perhaps I'm overly sensitive based on all the debates from my time in AZ where a fairly obvious illegal did something bad, but should you suggest it was an example of illegals committing crime liberals freaked out and went "Zomg racist!!!"

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 08:52:29 PM »
One of the dead is a "civilan" officer that killed the shooter in a shoot out.

The two detained soldiers apparently tried to stop the shooter.  Just were brought in as a precaution for questioning.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

crt360

• friend
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
The shooter is still alive.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
Source? The articles I've seen said he was among the dead.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2009, 09:25:39 PM »
Fox News is running the news conference at Ft. Hood as I type this.  The base commander has stated the shooter is still alive and expected to survive.  He has also stated there was only one shooter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2009, 09:48:01 PM »
Also on the news that the cop that put him down is alive after previously being reported killed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2009, 09:48:41 PM »
Anyone else worry what he might have been counseling the guys with bad PTSD to do?  :O

Putting a radical anti-American in charge of our must vulnerable, easily suggestable, and potentially violent troops. Smooth move.

Your tax dollars at work. (Mine, too!)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »
Amen, AZ.

No civilian officials can rival the authoritarian attitude of military installation commanders. Not even close. I don't understand why base COs don't trust their troops...

TC

I don't understand what you are rambling on about. This story is OBVIOUSLY a fabrication. Army personnel are not allowed to carry personal weapons on post. Ergo, the alleged mass shooting could not have occurred and the story is a lie, part of a nefarious plot the origins of and motives for which have yet to be determined.

Could not have happened. Impossible. Change channels ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2009, 09:52:14 PM »
Also on the news that the cop that put him down is alive after previously being reported killed.

At least some good news out of this mess...

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2009, 09:52:23 PM »

thats a cop whose money should be no good in any bar on/near hood
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2009, 09:58:54 PM »
The shooter is still alive.

That needs to be fixed soon. Maybe he's a loser with Muslim ideals fighting the great war here. Maybe he's just a loser. Either way the military has a charge for what he did. The big shot is too easy and a firing squad is a little too noble. Murderous traitors(which he is, speculation on motive aside) ought to hang.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2009, 10:02:43 PM »
Rope. Tree. Some assembly required.

(and for me, that's charitable for what I'd really like to happen to the shooter)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!