Author Topic: Trump apparently wants to ban guns from people on the "terror watch list"  (Read 7744 times)

bscl

• friends
So, did they ever fix how there are little kids on the no-fly/terror/we don't like you list?  

Is the ACLU going to gear up to fight make noise about this like they did when someone else was President?
Life Member NRA, SAF

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Hopefully at the meeting the NRA will show Trump the Youtube video of Trey Gowdy giving a smack-down to the clueless DHS bimbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNDcd1Fe5lg
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
So, did they ever fix how there are little kids on the no-fly/terror/we don't like you list?  

Is the ACLU going to gear up to fight make noise about this like they did when someone else was President?

The will when a middle eastern Muslim is denied purchase of a firearm because they are on the no fly list.

But you white, male "lone wolf" types are just *expletive deleted*it out of luck.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Are you illiterate or merely dishonest? 

(Maybe I should embrace the "power of and" in your case, given past performance.)

Don't get mad at me because your boy is the New York liberal we told you he was.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Gun loving neo-nazis hit hardest. Don't worry roo we're all here for you.

“@StephenGutowski: Shannon Watts of Moms @MomsDemand is currently praising Donald Trump on CNN right now because of his gun comments.”
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

“@StephenGutowski: Shannon Watts of Moms @MomsDemand is currently praising Donald Trump on CNN right now because of his gun comments.”

You seem to be having a little too much fun with this, given that the NRA and the GOP seem to have found a  new way to sell us out, here.

The NRA says their position hasn't changed. I thought they had previously opposed any such "delay," for terorrist watch-listees. ???
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:15:46 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Holy sh!t you Trump cultists are just as bad as the Obama version. He wasn't joking, he literally could murder someone on national teevee and you'd find a way to rationalize it.

:mad:

I am not a "Trump cultist."  I am expressing my OPINION that this law will pass.  I think the majority of people will want it, as it "seems reasonable" to try to keep firearms out of the possession of jihadis.  Trump is playing practical politics.
Did you really read my post?  Did you really sense any approval, on my part, of what is going on with this law?  Is  it denying an inalienable right without due process?
Yes of course it is.
The Constitution has been under attack since the Alien & Sedition Act. And so it continues.
As far as politics is concerned, Trump is only desirable so far as he is a better choice than Hillary.
Anyone here think she is a friend of the second amendment?

In other news -- in case you or others have missed it -- Kongress is again making loud noises about reinstating an assault weapon ban.  Fighting this makes a lot more sense than tilting at "no fly no buy" windmills.
Does anyone think a new AWB would only consider cosmetic features like barrel shrouds and pistol grips?  Or allow those who currently possess the banned weapons to keep them?

Trump is a crude self aggrandizing ego enthralled narcissist......but he is the only thing now standing in between Hillary and the Oval  office. :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Don't worry!

You see, Trump hasn't thought about this things before, so it's understandable that, as a non-politician, he's going to do things that may be wrong at first blush.

Wait, what's that? He's had over a year to actually start thinking about them? PHHHH. You can't expect someone running for the highest office in the land to do things like THINK, do you?

And he's was pro awb in the past

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

Balog, you couldnt identify a neonazi if he shoved his spitshined jackboot up your ignorant ass and tapped out the horst wessel lied on your prostate.

And if you had a clue you would have read a ways back that i already compared trump to democrats from decades past.  But that would require reading for comprehension rather than reading for confirmation bias.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
If people on the terrorist/no-fly/whatever watch list are too dangerous to purchase a gun, why are they still considered safe enough to run around loose?

If people being investigated by the FBI are too dangerous to purchase a gun, why are they still considered safe enough to run for President, where they'll command the entire U.S. military?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
If people on the terrorist/no-fly/whatever watch list are too dangerous to purchase a gun, why are they still considered safe enough to run around loose?

If people being investigated by the FBI are too dangerous to purchase a gun, why are they still considered safe enough to run for President, where they'll command the entire U.S. military?

and have the nuclear launch codes.  [tinfoil]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

De Selby

• friend
Somewhere, a guy who thinks it's fine to drone strike these people or throw them in secret prisons is absolutely screaming about the injustice of taking away their guns.

Can you say cognitive dissonance?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Somewhere, a guy who thinks it's fine to drone strike these people or throw them in secret prisons is absolutely screaming about the injustice of taking away their guns.

That's not cognitive dissonance, it's ordinary dissonance. :police:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
And if you want a good example of how "fairly" any of it would be applied, look no further than Hillary Clinton, who has said, "No one under FBI investigation should be able to purchase a gun to kill people."

Even if we were to accept and agree with this, IT WOULD NOT HAVE PREVENTED THE ORLANDO SHOOTER FROM BUYING GUNS.

The FBI had CLOSED their investigations. He was NOT under investigation when he bought the guns, and he was NOT on any watch lists. So this is all just political posturing. Unfortunately, I fear this time it's going to take root and grow into something ugly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Unfortunately, I fear this time it's going to take root and grow into something ugly.

I only have this as hearsay obviously, the whole list being secret and all. I heard on a news program though, I think it was Andrew Napolitano that said it, that there are over a million names on the terror  / no-fly lists.

Does anyone believe there are actually 1 million suspected terrorists in the US?  I would be more inclined to believe only 10% of the lists are actually people with substantive Islamist terrorist ties. The other 90% are probably wrong names and the ambiguous "domestic terrorists" that Obama's people talk about so much.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Wasn't so long ago that we were ranting about the not-so-secret fliers coming from DOJ on how to ID a potential domestic terrorist. Where said fliers listed such terrifying criteria as newly returned veterans, people that believed in the constitution, gun owners in general....
Who gets to decide who makes the list?

This woman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNDcd1Fe5lg

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
That's not cognitive dissonance, it's ordinary dissonance. :police:

Ordnance dissonance, in this case.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

erictank

• friends

Yeah, but there's also millions of us who've been opposed to all of that from the beginning.

Who are now saying, "I *TOLD* YOU M-FERS SO, YEARS AGO!"

Don't EVEN pretend otherwise.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book

"P--please guys, vote for the statist moron we nominated... Pu-please? He's only shitting on due process because he totally CANT do otherwise. It's gonna pass, we just gotta deal with it. Vote for him please because Hillary"

You've made your bed. The number of people who are voting "neither" is growing
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Trump has a few hoops he needs to jump through in order to convince me to vote for him.

The firearm issue is one of those hoops.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
Have any of you actually changed your view of Trump after these statements?  He was never consider solidly pro-gun.  Just neutral to maybe positive at best.  Better than Hilary by a long shot, but certainly not someone we expected to start eliminating gun laws or being a guardian of our rights.  He isn't a gun guy himself so stuff like this is not unexpected IMO.  Hopefully he will get an earful from those around him who are pro-gun.  No guarantees I guess.

The only other caveat I might mention is Trump seems to mouth off on topics seemingly without a much expectation of doing exactly what he is saying.  I would be curious if he and his advisers actually think this is a good plan or if they were just saying what the mob wanted to hear.

Beyond that, I thought the idea of a no-fly list being done in secret without due process was pretty bad.  I would hope the courts would frown on doing this with the 2nd amendment.  I really hope it doesn't ever have to get that far.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

"P--please guys, vote for the statist moron we nominated... Pu-please? He's only shitting on due process because he totally CANT do otherwise. It's gonna pass, we just gotta deal with it. Vote for him please because Hillary"

You've made your bed. The number of people who are voting "neither" is growing

Sadly (for liberty), if APS members step out of the APS bubble, we have to see that Trump, working with the NRA to get a "watered down" no fly no buy, will be an enormous win for him among the general public. It will get him many establishment R's, and it will get him a bunch of independents. Maybe even some Ds. In many ways, the Democrats will have ended up hurting themselves and Hillary by pushing the gun control issue, because Trump will end up running PR circles around them and coming out the winner.

Freedom, of course, will be the loser, but I guess Freedom loses either way this November.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
It sure does seem that the left is hell bent on going to war with the millions of Evil Black Rifle owners.

What are the odds of massive noncompliance in the event of an EBR ban? The Canadian gun registry died a quite death due to non compliance. Is it realistic to believe that gun owners would just ignore the government?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Locked because several of our members cannot remember the Polite in APS.  Please argue the issue and not the person.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.