Author Topic: Trump can't do anything right  (Read 1972 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Trump can't do anything right
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:12:18 AM »
Now he's catching flack because he hasn't said anything about the bombings in Austin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5521343/Trump-blasted-staying-silent-Austin-bombings.html

President Trump has been criticized for his silence over the bombings which have targeted victims from Austin's historically black and Latino neighborhoods

It comes as President Donald Trump was criticized for his silence over the Austin bombings, where most of the victims have come from Austin's historically black and Latino neighborhoods.

Unlike other attacks, such as the Pulse nightclub shooting in Florida, which Trump was quick to label an act of terrorism, the president has remained silent about the Austin bombs.

What is he supposed to say that could possibly make any difference to anybody? "If he says nothing, he gets criticized for saying nothing. If he mouths the usual platitudes about how terrible it is and that his thoughts and prayers are with the victims, he'll be criticized for mouthing useless platitudes. The guy can't win. It's not like the President can do anything about it. The FBI and the BATFE are already involved (for whatever good that does), so it's not like the federal government isn't trying to help out.

Needless to say, the NAACP is playing the race card.

The NAACP office in Loudoun, Virginia tweeted: 'Can you imagine bombings occurring in McClean, Georgetown, Loudoun or Tyson's killing and injuring white people and any suspicion of it being a person of color or Muslim.

'The National Media, namely Fox News, and the Tweeter in Chief would be apoplectic.'

Film producer and Democrat Party activist Adam Best demanded to know whether the attacks were being ignored 'because the victims have been people of color so far?'

'Why hasn't Donald Trump tweeted or made a statement? This is the 4th bombing in Austin, a metro area of 2M people.

'Because it's a progressive city? Because he's too busy covering his own ass? Austin needs national support!'

They've got national support.

WWOD?**

** What Would Obama Do?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Trump can't do anything right
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:23:09 AM »
Has Hillary issued a statement of commiseration and solidarity yet, or is she too busy pressing her sour grapes into a fine whine?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 10:54:48 AM »
We have no idea who is doing this.

We have no idea why he is (or they are)1 doing this.

There seem to be no common characteristic to the victims, except that they are Americans.

This could be terrorism. It could be a serial killer. We have no idea.

I don't recall President Bush commenting on the DC snipers, and I would not have expected it. I don't remember President Obama talking about any other serial killers, nor President Clinton, at least not until after they were apprehended.

This is nuts. The president has nothing he can do here that is not already being done by the local authorities and the federal agents.

1: I say "He", because while it is possible a woman is responsible, the chances are monumentally small.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 11:23:34 AM »
He's spent plenty of time tweeting about Hillary Clinton, the Oscars, kneeling NFL players, and gold star widows...
Is he required to tweet about this? No, but a simple statement like made about the FIU bridge collapse would probably be one if his more worthwhile tweets.

Continuing to monitor the heartbreaking bridge collapse at FIU - so tragic. Many brave First Responders rushed in to save lives. Thank you for your courage. Praying this evening for all who are affected.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 05:07:43 PM »
Meanwhile, liberals are praying to whatever gods they worship that the bomber's name is Billy-Bob or Elroy rather than Mohammad or Abdullah . . . or for that matter, Pedro or Jose.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »
I have not followed the events at all, but off the top of my head, it's probably someone like the unabomber.
A disaffected smart white guy.
He probably doesn't like people much.
If it was jihadi's they would be announcing it.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 05:34:07 PM »
Okay, but why the randomness of the victims?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 06:13:15 PM »

"Keep Austin Weird"?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »

he doesn't like random people
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 06:45:48 PM »
he doesn't like random people

Other than the blowing people up part I can understand that sentiment
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »
Other than the blowing people up part I can understand that sentiment

Give it time ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 08:43:17 PM »
He's spent plenty of time tweeting about Hillary Clinton, the Oscars, kneeling NFL players, and gold star widows...
Is he required to tweet about this? No, but a simple statement like made about the FIU bridge collapse would probably be one if his more worthwhile tweets.

What brave first responders is he suppose to congratulate here?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 12:19:53 AM »

Testing to determine the best way to hit a specific target later?  Seems counterproductive to give away methods and get everyone on edge, but if he's willing to wait a month or two between testing and the final target, especially if the target is well outside of Austin, it might not matter in the overall plan.

Could even be gauging the responses to each incident.  I'm not sure what that would gain, (it's not like setting off a little bomb in a crowd, while having a big one waiting at the evacuation point - if anything, responses will get more effective and better planned with repetition) but then, my plans for dealing with a bomb threat at my security sites consisted of meeting LE with a full set of building blueprints somewhere relatively unpredictable and a safe distance from the site.  I can headcount the folks at the secondary target location through binoculars.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 05:15:09 AM »
A suspect in the Austin bombings has just killed himself. With an explosive device.

I'm sure that somehow this will end up being Trump's fault for him not being captured alive.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 07:49:58 AM »

Huh ??? I'm not even sure I understand what you're asking. Besides the obvious fact that he wouldn't have to tweet the exact same thing, the same sentiment applies.
Do you think there were no first responders when these bombs exploded or do you not think they're brave for showing up to a scene like that?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 07:51:11 AM »
They knew what they signed up for...

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
I'm not a big Trump fan but I will say if he cured cancer tomorrow he would be thrown under the bus by the media for putting so many doctors out of work.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 09:46:29 AM »
I'm not a big Trump fan but I will say if he cured cancer tomorrow he would be thrown under the bus by the media for putting so many doctors out of work.

And for destroying an entire species.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 10:51:34 AM »
And if he walked across the water to rescue a drowning man, the headline would read "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM!"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 02:11:39 PM »

Quote from: D. Trump
AUSTIN BOMBING SUSPECT IS DEAD. Great job by law enforcement and all concerned!