Author Topic: Ferguson = Hiroshima  (Read 4262 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Ferguson = Hiroshima
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 11:26:25 AM »
That goes without saying.  Although the video of the guy pushing through the line of protestors in his SUV was amusing, I was just waiting for the 'squish' that would be heard around the world.

Am I evil for thinking that a subset of the Darwin Awards might be called the Rachel Corrie Pancake Prize?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 06:44:26 PM »
*expletive deleted*ing savages...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »
*expletive deleted*ing savages...

Savages are better behaved, I'd go with plain old "vermin".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 11:32:24 PM »
Savages are better behaved, I'd go with plain old "vermin".

This. Savages typically have some basic moral code and behavioral boundaries. Though, for that matter, so do vermin. It's a poser. =|

I may suggest we go with autonomous biological waste.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 09:22:44 AM »
That goes without saying.  Although the video of the guy pushing through the line of protestors in his SUV was amusing, I was just waiting for the 'squish' that would be heard around the world.

I was a few miles back on I-70 when that happened. It delayed me getting to Wal-Mart to buy #mywhitelifematters ammo by about 5-10 minutes.

I've been pondering the push-through drill for a while now. I'm convinced it is the best and safest course of action, in many situations, especially if my wife were in the vehicle.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »
I was a few miles back on I-70 when that happened. It delayed me getting to Wal-Mart to buy #mywhitelifematters ammo by about 5-10 minutes.

I've been pondering the push-through drill for a while now. I'm convinced it is the best and safest course of action, in many situations, especially if my wife were in the vehicle.

You need an M35 6x6  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »

It's the best course of action intil you injure a #blacklivesmattermorethanyours and/or the mob is big enough to stop your vehicle.  Remember the bikers v Land Rover in NY?  It doesn't take long to smash a window and drag a dude out.  Or decide that he's running your peeps over and whip out yo Gat for a mag dump.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 01:16:46 PM »
I said, "in many situations." In any situation, there is risk. There is also a great deal of risk in being detained by people with a grievance against those who look like me, and who have assaulted, and robbed, and burned things in the past. I might well have cause to fear for my life and safety. Again, as in any self-defense scenario, it would depend on the exact situation.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:33:11 PM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 02:23:20 PM »
If you know the geography, demographics, and recent history, it's not at all surprising that someone broke through the protest, in the west-bound lane. It was early evening, so you have a lot of people (most of them white), trying to get back home to the suburban/rural white-flight zone of St. Charles County, Warren County, etc. And just as they're about to escape North County (home to Ferguson), they're detained by a Black Lives (and only black lives) Matter group? Well, shucks, how do you think they'll feel about that?

Of course, that's not my situation. I live in North County, with black and brown neighbors on all sides.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 06:57:50 PM »
Heh, several of the I-70 protestors are being charged for damaging the car that drove through their line. Not sure if it's accurate, but the driver is reported to be a woman and a report says she was punched in the face. Not sure why she'd have her window down though. The outrage comments are comical.

http://twitchy.com/2015/08/12/shutitdown-supporters-angry-about-charges-against-protesters-who-attacked-driver-for-breaching-human-chain/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 11:01:21 PM »
Does anyone have any info on those stupid yellow things they put across the road? From what I've been able to glean, they were just cardboard boxes? So a single line of people, with some cardboard boxes are all it takes to block a freeway?  :facepalm: I think I would have gotten out and moved the stupid boxen. You could smash them, or just throw them off the road, or something. Make the mooks work for it, at least.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2015, 10:03:41 AM »
Does anyone have any info on those stupid yellow things they put across the road? From what I've been able to glean, they were just cardboard boxes? So a single line of people, with some cardboard boxes are all it takes to block a freeway?  :facepalm: I think I would have gotten out and moved the stupid boxen. You could smash them, or just throw them off the road, or something. Make the mooks work for it, at least.

As long as they did not smell the smell of fear you might have gotten away with it until some chant-leader with a bullhorn saw you.

But why bother.  Just straddle the lanes there and drive past them - looked like there was plenty of room.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2015, 10:05:30 PM »
As long as they did not smell the smell of fear you might have gotten away with it until some chant-leader with a bullhorn saw you.

But why bother.  Just straddle the lanes there and drive past them - looked like there was plenty of room.

stay safe.

Until cars stop in front of you.