Author Topic: Is Democratic Opposition to Obama Also Racial?  (Read 960 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Is Democratic Opposition to Obama Also Racial?
« on: December 17, 2010, 07:20:54 AM »
Why, yes, yes it is, you racist b@stards!

http://www.theroot.com/views/democratic-opposition-obama-also-racial

From the comments:
“Calling Republicans ‘racist’ for opposing Democrats in general, or Obama specifically, is nothing more than a political tactic that we use to turn black people against Republicans. There’s nothing to be gained by using this tactic against Democrats.”

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
Re: Is Democratic Opposition to Obama Also Racial?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:55:45 AM »
There's no question that racism is a factor in politics - there's a certain demographic that's so hung up on race and skin color that they'd vote for Idi Amin if he were running against Mother Teresa, making their decision based solely on pigmentation.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 06:08:51 PM »
that a good percentage of that demographic is white is "amusing"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 09:58:54 PM »
No, it isn't the opposition itself that is racial.  See, Republican's disagree with President Obama because they are racist. Democrates disagree only because they are mistaken.  It's a benevolent mistake, easily forgiven since they voted for him.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 12:15:08 AM »
See, Republican's disagree with President Obama because they are racist. Democrates disagree only because they are mistaken.  It's a benevolent mistake, easily forgiven since they voted for him.

That's been true long before Obama, and on all issues. So long as we keep calling them "liberals" and "progressives," they will always be forgiven for "benevolent mistakes." Since we allow ourselves to be written off as "conservatives" or "traditionalists" our successes and failures will always be attempts to keep everyone else down, and preserve the status quo.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife