Author Topic: I think Trump is Done  (Read 3924 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: I think Trump is Done
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
I'm not sure the military would allow that. 

And I'm pretty sure that a goodly portion of them would be willing to.

The "struggle" between field grade and above vs. senior NCO will be, to say the least, dramatic.  Fortunately, field grade and above do not know how to lead and merely rely on the august majesty of the tin on their shoulders.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2015, 07:06:32 PM »
France kinda sorta did that today by extending "special powers" for 3 months. :police:

Their "It's just a piece of paper" is different from the one we have.  They have changed it more often than a runway model changes outfits at fashion week.

The U.S. Constitution does not contain any "special powers" clause that would allow the POTUS to declare anything that would delay the expiration of his term of office.

Lincoln came pretty close to that.

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
The U.S. Constitution does not contain any "special powers" clause that would allow the POTUS to declare anything that would delay the expiration of his term of office.

THAT will stop Obama -- who has meticuously obeyed every subtle nuance of the Constitution since assuming office! ;/ [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2015, 07:29:10 PM »
A Republican majority in the Senate and Congress and 31 R controlled legislatures, 32 R governors, and 68 out of 98 state legislatures will hamper his plans.

And I think those numbers will increase in the next election making it even worse for him if he has any actual plans to do so.

He would have to be insane to even try.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »
Yeah, that would cause a civil war.   Even attempting it would be suicide.

And contrary to VA's opinion, I'm still in the contact with a couple of friends of mine who are at the tip of Field Grade.  They'd be ready to go full-tilt boogie against the White House, and kicking some folks to the curb, should Obama try something as suggested.

The military hates Obama with a passion.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 08:20:02 PM »
Doesn't the officer corps skew heavily southern, conservative and Christian? Not Obama's biggest fan club.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 09:53:30 PM »
I seem to remember hearing the same crap about "W" except it was coming from the left.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 10:17:04 PM »
Yes, I may need to reevaluate, taking my own bias out of the equation. If we have any type of attack here, especially if related to Syrians, or people posing as Syrians on documentation, that's going to be a game changer and I think regardless of his abilities, it will greatly boost Trump based on his rhetoric, regardless of if he'd be able to do anything as president or not.

I stand by my original assessment: Trump voters just don't care.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 07:30:05 AM »
I seem to remember hearing the same crap about "W" except it was coming from the left.

+1, except exponentially nuttier. W would cause a massive hurricane that would destroy 1/2 the US and then declare martial law....
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 08:07:55 AM »
Every new act of terrorism every crime against American committed by an illegal immigrant it's like as soon as trumps numbers begin to drop there's heinious act that drives them back up and drive people into his camp
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
Fox News opines that voters are no longer looking for a presidential candidate but for a commander in chief who will get a handle on terrorism.

Could be.

stay safe.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2015, 01:41:32 PM »
Fox News opines that voters are no longer looking for a presidential candidate but for a commander in chief who will get a handle on terrorism.

Could be.

I think I agree with that. Plus, someone who truly isn't a Washington insider, as opposed to a party apparatchik who just claims to be an outsider. Think how refreshing it would be for us to have a president who is owed more than he owes ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design