Author Topic: There are 74 million bad people in this country  (Read 1622 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
There are 74 million bad people in this country
« on: October 15, 2022, 08:14:27 AM »
Criminals? Nope
People worse than criminals... Trump supporters.
How will we live with or do with them?

"I think we have to accept that people who we completely disagree with are sometimes going to win, so there's, what, 74 million Trump supporters, voters? We can't just wish them away," Hamid said.

Calling Trump supporters a threat and a challenge, Hamid suggested that if Trump were to be elected again, America's democracy would be at stake.
They're not going to disappear. So then we have to find a way to live with them even if we think they're bad people, even if we think they're a threat to everything we hold dear, because what is the other option that's in front of us? That's the challenge because a lot of people will say, 'Well, they're deplorable and we can't find a way to live with them,'" Hamid told Psaki.
Jen Psaki and Liberal Scholar Debate on What to Do With the 'Bad People' Who Support Trump
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/10/14/jen-psaki-and-liberal-scholar-debate-on-what-to-do-with-trump-supporters-n2614548

You're not just someone with a different political opinion you're a "bad person". And we all know where that line of thinking has far too often led to in the past.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 09:39:55 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: There are 74 million bad people in this country
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 09:38:35 AM »
We’ll now, I guess I should be in a re-education camp by now since. I’m a gun loving, veteran, conservative Trump supporter. 

Guess I’m just a bad person now…. :facepalm:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 01:12:11 PM »
I hope we all realize they've had this opinion of us for some time now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 06:42:27 PM »
The feeling is mutual.

The left is a large assortment containing mostly moral retards and evil nihilists.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 09:19:41 PM »
Tons of screenshots of leftists calling for Trump supporters to be liquidated, thrown into gulags, punished by various means such as losing jobs, property, voting rights, etc.

We aren’t QUITE to the point of them being able to carry out their wishes but we draw closer every day…
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

JN01

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 09:21:08 PM »
The feeling is mutual.

The left is a large assortment containing mostly moral retards and evil nihilists.

Amen.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 10:38:53 AM »

What do you think a moral retard is?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 10:46:00 AM »

I think it's a colorful made-up term for perverts and reprobates. :)
"It's good, though..."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 11:14:52 AM »

I'd say it's a legitimate term, and not just something that the fundamentalist Right is able to throw about.  Thomas Sowell describes it well in his famous quote "The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling."

Christianity is not the only moral system capable of being compatible with the classical West.  I will argue that it certainly is a useful moral system.  There are a handful of tenets I disagree with, but they don't matter in day to day interactions with my fellow man.  Stoicism is another that is compatible with Westernism.  Rationalism is another.  Or Objectivism.  Even more alien and exotic philosophies and moral codes are reasonably compatible with Westernism, such as Taoism or Zen. 

Honestly, most moral systems and philosophies, when explored THOROUGHLY and delved for understanding, are compatible with Westernism.

The trouble here is that children born in Western societies are not being taught ANY moral system or philosophy.  The only evidence I can see of anything being taught in public schools that echoes any semblence of a moral system, is Moral Relativism mixed with a healthy dose of Presentism (judging history by today's standards).  The only outcome a person can draw from that, without some other philosophical or moral buffer to filter it, is relative disgust towards your fellow man in all cases.  And so we have a world that becomes ever-envious and spiteful, experiencing the world and our interactions with it through the prism of emotion rather than thought and morality.

Such is a moral retard.  One who has had their moral growth retarded due to neglect or poor instruction.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 12:06:42 PM »
While you aren't wrong, AZRedhawk44, I would point out that expecting the government,  through public schools,  to teach a moral system is a bad idea.  At most you'd want them to reinforce the moral system society and parents were teaching. By the time it has fallen to public schools to teach young people a moral system, a lot has already failed.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2022, 11:33:58 PM »
Jen Psaki and Liberal Scholar Debate on What to Do With the 'Bad People' Who Support Trump

To state the obvious, the title doesn't say "how to live with..." or something like that.  It says "what to do with.." those people they don't like.  As if allowing them to continue as they are is not an option. 

Even if most don't think like that, if the people in power do, it can lead to ugly things. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 04:44:23 AM »
Y'all need to pour cold water on all of this line of talk. For every moral retard on the left there is an equal and opposite retard on the right. Sure, the left is full of terrible people. Also members of my family, neighbors, friends, and co-workers. The elite of both sides will continue to sell you down the river and divide. The people out here in peasantville have two choices, figure out how to live together or kill everyone.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 09:25:37 AM »
Y'all need to pour cold water on all of this line of talk. For every moral retard on the left there is an equal and opposite retard on the right. Sure, the left is full of terrible people. Also members of my family, neighbors, friends, and co-workers. The elite of both sides will continue to sell you down the river and divide. The people out here in peasantville have two choices, figure out how to live together or kill everyone.
Please show me the link where someone on the right says the same thing.  I want to see it. 

IMO, it is foolish to dismiss stuff like this by saying "both sides do it".  Call it out every time you can. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2022, 10:07:59 AM »
Please show me the link where someone on the right says the same thing.  I want to see it. 

IMO, it is foolish to dismiss stuff like this by saying "both sides do it".  Call it out every time you can.

Not at all my point. Dismissing nothing. It means challenging such talk in person when you hear it. On any side. For me that unfortunately means telling family members that people they vote for want me in jail or dead. Also I live in a trump +30 area. Plenty of people who laugh about the stupid libtards because we got all the guns. Some of those stupid libtards are my neighbors. Not sure what they felt when the local volunteer fire department flew a trump flag for a week after the last election. At least someone pushed them to take it down for Election Day since it is the poll location and such. My point was we need to all push to deescalate whenever possible. It’s all fun and games to be hyper partisan on Fox News and Twitter but in the real world everyone wants to be a partisan until it is time to do partisan(east European style) stuff.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2022, 10:12:13 AM »
"I'm bad, I'm bad. You know it, I'm bad!"  >:D

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2022, 10:20:55 AM »
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2022, 10:22:52 AM »

Show me where top officials on the right have made similar statements about the left. When has a mainstream republican called their political opposition deplorable, bitter clingers, and bad people that need to be "dealt with". Show me the right wing riots after a contentious election loss. Show me the conservatives chasing their political adversaries out of restaurants.  Show me the conservative protesting and threatening liberal SCOTUS justices because they didn't like a ruling.
I'm not interested in low level, ostensibly right wing trolls spouting bullshit.
It's not the "right" that is driving the divisive hate we are witnessing.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2022, 10:30:43 AM »
Show me where top officials on the right have made similar statements about the left. When has a mainstream republican called their political opposition deplorable, bitter clingers, and bad people that need to be "dealt with". Show me the right wing riots after a contentious election loss. Show me the conservatives chasing their political adversaries out of restaurants.  Show me the conservative protesting and threatening liberal SCOTUS justices because they didn't like a ruling.
I'm not interested in low level, ostensibly right wing trolls spouting bullshit.
It's not the "right" that is driving the divisive hate we are witnessing.

Almost feels like gas lighting when people say that with a straight face.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2022, 10:51:41 AM »
Somebody is dismantling the moral, philosophical and religious foundations (ie first principles) of our civilization.

It's not the low information, low IQ Team America crowd on the right.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2022, 10:55:45 AM »
Somebody is dismantling the moral, philosophical and religious foundations (ie first principles) of our civilization.

It's not the low information, low IQ Team America crowd on the right.

But muh both sides!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2022, 11:23:40 AM »
Almost feels like gas lighting when people say that with a straight face.

Nice deflection attempt, tell me where I'm wrong.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2022, 12:13:38 PM »

I thought he was agreeing with you.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2022, 12:14:32 PM »

Would you prefer "moral cretin"?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »

Probably by ignoring the January 6 fiasco.  That's just one example, and the only one I can think of, but it's a big one (which the Dems have been exaggerating and exploiting ever since)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2022, 12:49:53 PM »
Probably by ignoring the January 6 fiasco.  That's just one example, and the only one I can think of, but it's a big one (which the Dems have been exaggerating and exploiting ever since)

My impression is the only people even remotely playing attention to this whole Jan 6 trial business were already so blue they could pass for Smurfs and that it's having little to no effect outside of that group.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes