Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Hmong Sausage, it's what's for dinner

<< < (2/3) > >>

sumpnz:

--- Quote from: zxcvbob on February 20, 2021, 05:51:15 PM ---Is it made with real Hmong?

--- End quote ---

Long pork.

Larry Ashcraft:
W have a large Eastern European population that came here in the 1880s to work at the steel mill.  So, Kielbasa, or klobasi, is a staple here.  We had some on Sunday night with sauerkraut and potatoes.  Yum.

charby:
I love Vietnamese sandwiches.

Bogie:
In my neighborhood, we have... everybody.

Downside is that about a dozen or so blocks away, we have The Hood. You see tracers in the air on major holidays. Yeah, I know what a tracer looks like.

We have Hmong, we have the little people (and their peppers rock), and about 10 blocks in the other direction, we have some killer Mexican and then a couple of blocks later, Bosnian. A stop'n'rob near me used to advertise Frozen Camel.

My favorite _nearby_ (not total fave) Chinese restaurant is run by some Mexicans.

Andiron:
Diversity that doesn't *expletive deleted*it up the neighborhood.  Can't beat foreign exchange food.   >:D

We've got a lot of eastern euro here.  One area is even called Ukrainian village.  Between them and the Pollocks we have some excellent pirogi options.

Not a lot of SE Asian stuff that I'm aware of,  but there are several decent Indian places if you like birani.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version