Author Topic: CA Members, Buy Guns Now  (Read 16268 times)

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Re: CA Members, Buy Guns Now
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 11:21:59 PM »
Nevada is loaded with californian refugees, part of the reason scary harry reid was reelected.  Sadly, many of them brought their politics with them.  I've told many a californian "you left cali for a reason, don't vote those reasons in here."  My parents thought california was getting bad in 1978. 
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 08:35:04 AM »
...and I would not be one of those Texans....see my sig....when Texas starts repealing the rest of their "Blue Laws" that didn't get axed the first time and legalizes Alaska/Vermont-style CCW, then I'll put up an arguement...

Plus taxes and suckling off the .gov teat. 

Most Texans seem pretty happy to have a police state, so long as its a conservative police state.

Not complaining, though.  We had a choice of places to live, Texas made the most sense and still does.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 10:46:37 AM »
Sometimes people have a blanket "no Californians" rule, not recognizing that some of us are would-be refugees that will strengthen the Conservative and libertarian voter blocks in their states. Our state only got this way from Leftists coming in. We used to have Reagan as Governor.

Problem is that Californian Conservatives/libertarians are Flaming Leftists compared to the average rural Montanan  :P

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 11:01:38 AM »
Problem is that Californian Conservatives/libertarians are Flaming Leftists compared to the average rural Montanan  :P

By "rural Montanan", are you referring to Ted Turner or Robert Redford? :P :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 11:08:15 AM »
Pretty places attract rich liberals.  Don't get too cocky.  :)

There are plenty of CA conservatives.  I'm one of them.  And we may be coming to a state near you.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
By "rural Montanan", are you referring to Ted Turner or Robert Redford? :P :)

No I'm referring for instance to 70 year old grandmothers that are mad as hell.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »
Pretty places attract rich liberals.  Don't get too cocky.  :)

There are plenty of CA conservatives.  I'm one of them.  And we may be coming to a state near you.

It's not that pretty here.  It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter and the wind blows most of the time.  We have rattlesnakes and cactus and ticks.   :P

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 03:30:58 PM »

Most Texans seem pretty happy to have a police state, so long as its a conservative police state.

That irked me when I lived there.  Yeah, Texans aren't nearly as free as they profess to being.  It would take a LOT of money to get me to move to TX again.  About as much as getting me to move to CA.  Both are authoritarian states.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »

Vote counting still underway; Cooley has a slight lead:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/09/MNJL1G8UDN.DTL

Check the comments.  Even San Francisco leftists don't want Harris to be AG.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »
Yeah, Texans aren't nearly as free as they profess to being.

Americans aren't nearly as free as they profess to being.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 05:23:20 PM »
Vote counting still underway; Cooley has a slight lead:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/09/MNJL1G8UDN.DTL

Check the comments.  Even San Francisco leftists don't want Harris to be AG.

I won't have a chance to read the comments till I get home from work, but this leads me to believe her supporters recruited a lot of illegal aliens and criminals to vote for her, as they seem to be her biggest base. Reading about her, she always seems to support criminals over law abiding citizens.

Edited for grahmer
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:58:40 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
That irked me when I lived there.  Yeah, Texans aren't nearly as free as they profess to being.  It would take a LOT of money to get me to move to TX again.  About as much as getting me to move to CA.  Both are authoritarian states.

Oh, I think I'll choose Texas over CA anyday. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »

True....but Texas has better barbecue....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »
It's not that pretty here.  It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter and the wind blows most of the time.  We have rattlesnakes and cactus and ticks.

Thought I detected a whiff of Cali in Missoula...  =D
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 10:24:20 PM »
Thought I detected a whiff of Cali in Missoula...  =D

That's about 500 miles from us!  :P

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »
Come on, that's just a two-day ride now.   =D

Just pulling your chain.  Not everybody down here in Cali is bad news. 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »
Come on, that's just a two-day ride now.   =D

Just pulling your chain.  Not everybody down here in Cali is bad news. 

No, but the state has been overpowered by liberal whack jobs.  Huge concentrations of democrats and liberals have ensured it will be a bastion of left wing ideology for years to come.
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 01:04:23 PM »
Well, you just have to realize that I am pretty much a "moderate" around my neighborhood  :O

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
Look, I agree the future's not bright in CA.  I'm giving that reality a lot of serious thought.  Like most of you I have attachments that keep me hooked into where I live.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »

Are there any parts of Texas that aren't humid in the summer?

Sawdust

Pretty much the entire western third.

Also, all this Texas bashing but no 'zamples.  Put up or shut up, folks... ;)

Brad
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:31:48 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 05:16:52 PM »
Pretty much the entire western third.

Also, all this Texas bashing but no 'zamples.  Put up or shut up, folks... ;)

Brad

[marches around in big 20 gallon hat with spurs, boots and chaps]

We here Texans are the plum-most pro gun folks in these United States!

(except we don't allow open carry...)

I'm a Texan!  Yay, freedom!  Yay, USA!

(unless your non-violent but non-conforming beliefs clash with typical Texas values)

[/hat]

Yes, I'm generalizing.  But I lived there for 6 months, in DFW.  You're perfectly free to live how they WANT you to live without any hassle whatsoever.  Step out of what they consider to be "the line" and they'll thwak you good, to get you back into their line.  Dry counties, no open carry, etc.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 05:28:14 PM »
Okay.

1) No open carry - can't argue with you there.  Wish we had it.  Minor annoyance, at best.  Texas has no state laws regarding purchase and ownership - they defer to fed law for that.  Certainly not something to make a blanket "Y'all ain't as free as ya think ya are!" statement.  It is, at best, a nitpicky reason to hear yourself gripe.  The state has no restriction on firearms in/on your own property.  Plus there's always the option of a CHL for when you're out in public.

2) Dry counties - Counties vote themselves wet/dry.  If they vote to keep themselves dry I have no problem with that.  It's called the democratic process.  (Besides, there are very, very few dry counties left anyway.  Heck, even Lubbock went wet last year. *gasp*)

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 05:31:02 PM »
Brad:  $140 CHL, mandatory HPV vaccinations, Trans-TX Corridor, no liquor sales on Sunday, TAKS tests, no tanning beds for 16yo's, criminalizing sex toys, Rick Perry....need more?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »
Brad:  $140 CHL, mandatory HPV vaccinations, Trans-TX Corridor, no liquor sales on Sunday, TAKS tests, no tanning beds for 16yo's, criminalizing sex toys, Rick Perry....need more?

JFK-BLOWNAWAY-WHATELSEDOIHAVETOSAY?

>:D
--Lysander Spooner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 05:39:27 PM »
I can drive (and have driven) from my front door to within about 50 miles of my dad's house while open carrying with no permit.  :cool:

But I have to put it away before crossing from New Mexico into Texas  ;/