Author Topic: Is our House/Senate guilty of mismanagement crimes?  (Read 2782 times)

thebaldguy

• friends
Is our House/Senate guilty of mismanagement crimes?
« on: January 14, 2009, 06:44:29 PM »
Are the elected public officials guilty of financial mismanagement? Have they actually broken real laws or have they just violated public trust? Are any of their actions illegal or just unethical?

Seeing how the Reps and Dems have run our country into the ground, they are spending billions of dollars on bad businesses who are not accountable on how our tax dollars are spent. They gave themselves automatic pay raises which citizens are powerless to change. They accept bribes (oops, I meant lobby money) in return for favors at taxpayer expense.

If Congress is guilty of breaking laws, who do we call? Will Capital Security arrest them? What can be done? What can we do?

grampster

• friend
Re: Is our House/Senate guilty of mismanagement crimes?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:07:42 PM »
Shoot, what does it matter.  Obama's choice for Treasury Sect. didn't pay his FICA taxes for over 3 years and had a nanny who's green card was expired.

Everybody is just saying its an oopsy.  He's paid up now, so what's the problem. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:04:38 PM »
Everybody is just saying its an oopsy.

So was the entire election.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
Who do we call?

Ask Thomas Jefferson's ghost.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 12:12:25 AM »
If Congress is guilty of breaking laws, who do we call? Will Capital Security arrest them? What can be done? What can we do?

I don't know... I wish there was a process for removing Congressmen the People no longer approve of... say, by electing different ones, or something...
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »
Who do we call?

Ask Thomas Jefferson's ghost.
"We're sorry. The number you are trying to dial has a voice mailbox that is not set up yet. Goodbye."

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »
I don't know... I wish there was a process for removing Congressmen the People no longer approve of... say, by electing different ones, or something...

Voting them out of office after the damage has been done is like asking your neighbor to move after he broke into your house and stole all your belongings without being charged with a crime.

Replacing bad Democrats and Republicans with different bad Democrats and Republicans is not a solution. Both monopoly parties are at fault here and have violated public trust.

nate.45

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
who are not accountable on how our tax dollars are spent.

News flash, every penny of collected tax revenue goes to service the interest on the national debt. The total debt, public and private exceeds the value of all assets of the USA.

Who holds the vast majority of this debt you ask? Is it the Chinese, no. Is it the Japanese, no. Then it must be the Europeans, no. The vast majority of public debt is held by the private banks of the Federal Reserve.

Money=Debt+interest

That interest, much like the house cut in a poker game, has handed, or will eventually hand all assets to the bankers. Even those of us who save have our savings whittled away on a yearly bases by monetary inflation. To give you an idea of this process $1.00 in 1913 had about the same buying power as $21.54 in 2008. Annual monetary inflation over this period was about 3.28%.

The National Debt is $10.7 Trillion as of 7 January 2009. Glad we had those fiscaly conservative Republicans cutting spending. :laugh:  Oh, wait they didn't Bush and the Republican congress spent more in inflation adjusted dollars than LBJ and his Democrat one. Now it looks like Obama and Pelosi are planing on out doing them.

tl;dr The politicians are beholden to and work for the bankers, not the people.
忍者

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 02:21:47 PM »
News flash, every penny of collected tax revenue goes to service the interest on the national debt. The total debt, public and private exceeds the value of all assets of the USA.

Who holds the vast majority of this debt you ask? Is it the Chinese, no. Is it the Japanese, no. Then it must be the Europeans, no. The vast majority of public debt is held by the private banks of the Federal Reserve.

Money=Debt+interest

That interest, much like the house cut in a poker game, has handed, or will eventually hand all assets to the bankers. Even those of us who save have our savings whittled away on a yearly bases by monetary inflation. To give you an idea of this process $1.00 in 1913 had about the same buying power as $21.54 in 2008. Annual monetary inflation over this period was about 3.28%.

The National Debt is $10.7 Trillion as of 7 January 2009. Glad we had those fiscaly conservative Republicans cutting spending. :laugh:  Oh, wait they didn't Bush and the Republican congress spent more in inflation adjusted dollars than LBJ and his Democrat one. Now it looks like Obama and Pelosi are planing on out doing them.

tl;dr The politicians are beholden to and work for the bankers, not the people.

Your post had some good points, however "politicians are beholden to and work for the bankers, not the people" is a bunch of crap.

Politicians are beholden to their own power. Simple greed and lust for power is the explanation for almost all of their actions.

There is no massive conspiracy, left or right. There are just stupid, selfish, evil people- who run the country. And vote for them.

The constitution was there to reign in and use those desires for power against each other. Unfortunately, everyone wants the politicians to "get along".

Again, just stupid, selfish, evil people.

Stop getting along and fight! Fight all the time! No compromises, no "deals", nothing- just fight fight fight!

(That way, almost nothing gets done, which was the idea to begin with.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 04:37:46 PM »
Like I've said before, the national debt is like a leg mangled by a train.

Now imagine you had a line of people with maybe some, but really little to no expertise, advertising themselves to you on the idea of your leg.  Imagine you are as disinformed (or misinformed) about your leg as the average American is about finances and government.

The Honest Physician says) We need to cut it off now, it is beyond repair.
The Sly Physician says) We can save your leg, but you'll have to be submitted to my rehab wing for long term care
The Magician says) I can save your leg as soon as you select me.  It will only hurt for but a second but it will work!

So of course, you vote for the magician who makes you suffer, damages the leg more and doesn't really get anything fixed for 4 to 8 years but somehow prevents the leg from becoming infected.

You complain, and next cycle, you hire the Sly physician, who tries to fix your leg in a way the makes you dependent on his Rehab wing.  He doesn't really fix the leg, you are in much pain so next election cycle:

You hire Sly Physician 2, who said the same things but claimed it didn't work before because Sly physician 1 was incompetent.  He messes up your leg some more, not really fixing anything.  You still think you can keep your leg though, right, now you've had it destroyed like this for some 16 years!

So you elect Sly Physician 3, and the story goes on until one day; 38 years in the future, you realize that you needed Honest Physician all along and decide to elect him.

Problem is, the leg is a national problem, and over these 40 years it took you to cycle around to the right person, the majority voting block has cycled.  They are now still trying to save the leg and that leg can only get worse and worse.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »
The point to the above post was until it gets bad, and I mean really bad (right now we are on the 'brink of bad' before the collapse), everyone is going to try to rainbows, horseshoes and unicorns it away.

nate.45

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
Your post had some good points, however "politicians are beholden to and work for the bankers, not the people" is a bunch of crap.

Politicians are beholden to their own power. Simple greed and lust for power is the explanation for almost all of their actions.

There is no massive conspiracy, left or right. There are just stupid, selfish, evil people- who run the country. And vote for them.

I'm not claiming there is a conspiracy, what I'm claiming is that wittingly or unwittingly the politicians are helping to enrich the bankers. If politicians actually had to spend only the money that was collected from taxes, without the ability to borrow almost unlimited amounts from the Fed we would not have the problems we do now. Perhaps another set, but not our current one of constant monetary inflation.

As people on here often note, politicians love to spend money to buy votes, but if they could not borrow then they would be held accountable by the tax payer. As it is the tax payer, while burdened, does not bear the full brunt of government spending. The consequence of this however, is that every year the government borrows more money and the debt gets larger and our money becomes worth less.

So instead of a conspiracy it is more like a symbiotic relationship between the politicians and bankers. The politicians want to spend money to buy votes, they don't want to have to make an extreme raise in taxes, so they go to the private banks of the Fed and borrow it, the bakers get the interest.

I have seen several people on here say that if the government wants more money they just print it. Only 5% or less of the total money supply is in currency, the rest is merely entries in the computers of the Fed. Every time the government, or individuals for that matter, borrow money, that money is simply typed into existence.
忍者

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19:30 PM »
The point to the above post was until it gets bad, and I mean really bad (right now we are on the 'brink of bad' before the collapse), everyone is going to try to rainbows, horseshoes and unicorns it away.

I wonder how bad it will need to get before people react and do something.

Maybe when unemployment hits 50%? Maybe when our government has given all money away to badly managed corporations?

I am becoming more and more convinced that the American public is either stupid, doesn't care, or both. Maybe when they find themselves homeless, jobless, broke, and hungry something will happen.

nate.45

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 08:40:59 PM »
I am becoming more and more convinced that the American public is either stupid, doesn't care, or both.

Most people know what they know, if then even anything much at all, from watching television.

Most people have no idea how money is created or who issues and controls the volume of it. Hint: it is not the government.

I'm afraid that it is way too late for anything to be done. The American people are far too ignorant and are thoroughly brainwashed by television.

"Whoever controls the volume of money in our country is absolute master of all industry and commerce... and when you realize that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate." - James A. Garfield, 20th POTUS

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied."-Thomas Jefferson

The 1913 Federal Reserve Act was the beginning of the end. Jefferson, wise man that he was, was beyond correct in his prophetic prediction.

If you'er reading this and think it all sounds crazy, just go back to watching O'Rielly scream and yell at people about trival nonsense, while making bad analogies. If you think I might be on to something watch this video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9050474362583451279&hl=en if nothing else at least, if you don't already, you will know how money is created from debt.

忍者

myrockfight

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 01:17:43 AM »
Most people know what they know, if then even anything much at all, from watching television.

Most people have no idea how money is created or who issues and controls the volume of it. Hint: it is not the government.

I'm afraid that it is way too late for anything to be done. The American people are far too ignorant and are thoroughly brainwashed by television.

"Whoever controls the volume of money in our country is absolute master of all industry and commerce... and when you realize that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate." - James A. Garfield, 20th POTUS

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied."-Thomas Jefferson

The 1913 Federal Reserve Act was the beginning of the end. Jefferson, wise man that he was, was beyond correct in his prophetic prediction.

If you'er reading this and think it all sounds crazy, just go back to watching O'Rielly scream and yell at people about trival nonsense, while making bad analogies. If you think I might be on to something watch this video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9050474362583451279&hl=en if nothing else at least, if you don't already, you will know how money is created from debt.

Nate.45 - Excellent post. You are right on and I'm in complete agreement with you. I've read a lot about the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, etc., but the video really pulled it together nicely and explained it in undestandable terms. I still know a few of my professors from college and I am going to lobby them to show the video or one like it to help educate students in the Business College. I was a Finance major and they never explained how money was created. Although I understood it abstractly, I never thought about it directly and what it really meant. It is a big eye opener and makes me wonder what is in store for this country.

The current system cannot last forever. It is just impossible.