Author Topic: The math nobody is doing about Obama's plan for jobs and expanded government  (Read 7080 times)

nate.45

Quote from:  MicroBalrog
In order for us to at least keep our ground, we need the Republicans to at least try and remove SOME of the programs of the Democrats when they get to be in charge.

I remember back in '94 the Contract With America, for a couple of years there were modest decreases in the rates of growth of some programs, but no programs were actually cut or eliminated. Well, they said its Clinton he is vetoing everything, if only we controlled the White House as well as congress, then we would get our conservative agenda implemented. We all know that never happened either, the Bush administration and his  congress, spent more money in inflation adjusted dollars, than LBJ and his congress did.

So without going on and on about it, let me just pose one simple question to those of you who still believe Republicans will actually implement conservative ideas. When is it going to happen? I worked from 1980 to 2000 to help get Republicans elected, am I supposed to work and believe in them for another 20 or 40 years on the promise that this time they will do what there supporters sent them there to do?

忍者