Author Topic: So, what are your predictions for the first year of Obama?  (Read 8277 times)

stevelyn

• friend
Re: So, what are your predictions for the first year of Obama?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 10:50:56 PM »
Of course he can. But he can't pass laws. It's not in the job description.

No he can't pass the laws, but he can certainly implement policy on how laws are enforced and what they mean, i.e. 2A is a collective right inspite of Heller.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 01:38:12 AM »
Ammo prices continue to skyrocket as various chapters of the KKK hoard ammo...  :O

(Scary thought, ain't it?)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:42:07 AM by Gewehr98 »
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »
The great big financial crisis will suddenly and mysteriously get better.
But don't look too close at the numbers.  8% unempl0yment, 12% prime rate, fuel shortages, BUT from reading in all the MSM; things couldn't be better.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »
Waitone...

He's not Irish. It's Obama.

Drop the apostrophe.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 01:32:47 AM »
I believe Waitone is correct that the vehicle of our national dismantling will be international treaties.  After all, Obama is President of a New America that is just a subset of The New World Order.  We will be brought into conformity with the rest of the world, our "exceptionalism" made a thing of the past.  Europe doesn't have talk radio--and neither will we, if the Dems can help it.  We are an anomaly in terms of gun rights; that too is a "problem" that will require a "global solution."  After that, the rest--including The Great Amnesty--should be a piece o' cake.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 08:59:09 AM »
1. Look for this administration to buy into things like global warming (we'll sign Kyoto II, or whatever it's called) and for the Democrat-controlled Congress to ratify the UN's Law of the Sea Treaty. Bush pushed for this, too; what it will do is give the UN taxing authority on anything moving on or mined from below the high seas, a continuous revenue stream.

2. If the GOP can muster enough backbone to filibuster either Kyoto II or LoST, expect John McCain to be the point man on breaking the filibuster.

3. Democrats will push for a nasty gun bill, with NO "grandfather clause." They will "compromise" by allowing people with certain nasty guns to keep them. Republicans will cave. (I really, really, hope I'm wrong on this one.)

4. We'll start to see a good spin on financial news and the state of the economy; the stories were being written right after the election, but they've held off publishing anything until after today. (Hmmm . . . wonder why?)

5. Higher taxes on coal, electricity, gasoline . . . anything that produces carbon dioxide. Environmental laws right out of Algore's wet dreams.

6. Bailouts for states & cities . . . "California is too big to let fail" and similar garbage.  :mad:

7. Relaxation of illegal alien controls, and more benefits to illegals. (Some variation of "For The Children" will come into play.)

8. More money and more debt to ". . . fight global poverty . . . " which will be termed a "national security issue."  :mad:

9. SCOTUS appointments from the lunatic fringe.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 09:10:31 AM »
Let's see what tomorrow's executive orders are.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
I'm trying to figure out if I should buy lots of Euros now, because when we switch to them, they'll go up, or not because we'll depress the currency. Then again I may be completely wrong and those who bought Yuans will be the winners.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 10:19:44 AM »
I'm trying to figure out if I should buy lots of Euros now, because when we switch to them, they'll go up, or not because we'll depress the currency. Then again I may be completely wrong and those who bought Yuans will be the winners.

Europe is going to have a lot worse of an economic collapse, because the EU has welfare states dragging it under. I would not touch Euros, personally.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »
My post was a total joke dude -- as in, we're on our way to the European model over the next four years, and sadly the Chinese model may be better... :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 10:59:24 AM »
My post was a total joke dude -- as in, we're on our way to the European model over the next four years, and sadly the Chinese model may be better... :)

This is one of the saddest things in the world today.

Freedom is dying in America.

But it's breaking out in China!

Hey, in 20 years, China may become the last bastian of freedom in the world.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 05:00:58 PM »
You all still do realize China is one of the most regulated economies in the world?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »
Hence the sadly.  =(

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 12:04:36 AM »
I bet there will be trouble in the middle east.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 02:09:43 AM »
The economy will get worse.  We'll be told it's getting better.

Our taxes will go up.  We'll be told they're going down.

Economic problems in other parts of the world will turn into major political upheavals in some places.  If we're lucky it'll be in places like Iran and Venezuela. If we're unlucky it'll happen in Mexico.

Anything that produces carbon dioxide and improves our lives will get expensive, or scarce, or both.

There will be an attempt on the 2nd amendment.  It will probably fail. 

They'll declare victory in Iraq and start bringing troops back.  They may even be right.

Afghanistan will continue to be a problem.  We'll be told that the fighting there is ok, because that's where Osama is and that's the right place for the war on terror.

The voting public will get dumber and dumber, and will become incapable of understanding anything except "soaring rhetoric."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:15:28 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »