Author Topic: I thought NY cops were not going to enfiorce the Safe Act  (Read 1462 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
I thought NY cops were not going to enfiorce the Safe Act
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »
Life in New York: Paul Wojda, 26 was arrested on October 12, 2013 when the car he was riding in was pulled over during a traffic stop in Lockport. Wojda had a nine millimeter hand gun that he owned legally but police checked that gun and arrested him for exceeding the maximum amount of ammunition allowed under the Safe Act. "It really is a very very bad law. It doesn't address crime at all. It affects only the honest citizen. I mean how many criminals that are going out to commit a murder are going to worry about the number of rounds in his magazine?," asked Budd Schroeder, Board Chairman of SCOPE. The District Attorney is proceeding with the charge of unlawful possession of an ammunition feeding device against Wojda which is a misdemeanor under the Safe Act. Wojda will be back in court on November 27, 2013 and supporters say they will rally once again.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/People-Rally-Behind-Man-Charged-Under-NY-Gun-Law--231017951.html
--
I thought that the Sheriffs said they were not going to enforce the 7-round limit.

Wha hoppen'?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: I thought NY cops were not going to enfiorce the Safe Act
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 01:14:42 PM »
You didn't /really/ believe that, did you?
"It's good, though..."

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »
More money for the city/county/state coffers.  Law enforcement enforces all laws.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »
More money for the city/county/state coffers.  Law enforcement enforces all laws.

Plus, officer gets arrest-advances career, DA gets conviction-advances career, community is kept safe from potential criminal.

Win-Win-Win-Win. =(
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 01:47:07 PM »
Sheriff Depts. depending on how the state is structured usually only have patrol duty on county grounds, highways, or unincorporated areas and don't patrol in any municipality that runs a police force.

Sounds like these were Police, with a chief hired-fired by a Mayor, or a Fire & Police commission, depending on the size of the city.

And sure, the police won't enforce this law... as long as they like you, aren't fishing for something to charge you with, aren't having a bad day due to something that has nothing to do with you, or aren't worried about their status under the "We don't have quotas!" system for citations/arrests and employment review/promotion.
I promise not to duck.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 06:19:46 PM »
so, under what circumstances would the PO need to check his weapon? 
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »
so, under what circumstances would the PO need to check his weapon?  

The ones where they're trolling for PC in the form of SAFE act violations?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:25:17 PM by Bigjake »

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »
"We don't have quotas!" system for citations/arrests and employment review/promotion.

Yeah, they don't have quotas, they have "performance standards".
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G