Author Topic: The irony - it burns  (Read 2357 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
The irony - it burns
« on: November 13, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »
http://victorygirlsblog.com/?p=15613

Obamacare Girl is not a citizen and was not paid for being Obamacare Girl.

Why am I not insensed?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

freakazoid

• friend
Re: The irony - it burns
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »
Who?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »
Jeebus! Why am I not surprised? It's actually fitting.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »
I don't understand why people are concerned about a model that appeared on a web site. Even a fairly controversial web site.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:48:49 PM »
I don't understand why people are concerned about a model that appeared on a web site. Even a fairly controversial web site.

It's really not about the model.  And it's only partially about the web site.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 12:04:49 AM »

stay safe.

The illigals are taking our un-paid modeling jobses!!

No, still don't get it.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 03:35:32 AM »
I must be getting sick or something, I'm agreeing with Fistful. Web "designer" probably pulled a stock image from somewhere and slapped it in.
Possible the model was paid some paltry sum for the original image.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 06:47:53 AM »
I must be getting sick or something, I'm agreeing with Fistful. Web "designer" probably pulled a stock image from somewhere and slapped it in.

This.

They were looking for a model that could plausibly be taken for hispanic by hispanics, but that wasn't either butt-ugly or scary to the majority of non-hispanics.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 07:04:28 AM »

I read somewhere that she was actually paid, but in kind. A set of family portraits, in exchange for using her mug on a web site.

They were looking for a model that could plausibly be taken for hispanic by hispanics, but that wasn't either butt-ugly or scary to the majority of non-hispanics.

What the ?  So, most Hispanic women are ugly and scary?   ???

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:07:41 AM »
What the ?  So, most Hispanic women are ugly and scary?   

Ever spent any time in Tijuana?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 08:15:24 AM »
I read somewhere that she was actually paid, but in kind. A set of family portraits, in exchange for using her mug on a web site.

No, advertizing folk/marketers/designers for a mass-appeal product want to appeal to the greatest number of folk for a given ad buck and given particular employer conditions ("diversity" conditions included).  To check off the "hispanic" box, the usual effort is to find an attractive mostly-anglo woman who looks sorta-spanish so folk can assume what they will.  Older folks see an attractive brunette and hispanics see one of theirs.  Such a gal is a documented two-fer (female, hispanic) with an appeal to non-hispanic folk that a "straight outta Oaxaca" model would not have.

If that is too complex, perhaps the following will help.  You are in charge of advertising or the look/feel of a product that is supposed to have mass appeal.  Given you have to include a black male in adverts, pamphlets, & the website, do you choose Taye Diggs or Dennis Rodman as your model?  Both classified as black and male, but one is going to have broader appeal.  Or, put negatively, one is going to be scarier to the non-black majority than the other.  Matter of fact, Dennis Rodman may even be considered "butt ugly" to a large slice of folks.

In the case of this model, she was more than likely upper-class Columbian or decended from such and may have not have a drop of NA indian blood in her as is my SIL.  Still get to check the "hispanic" box, though.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »
Nobody would think so if they ever saw that international blockbuster movie, Bandidas.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »
She was paid "in kind", not in cash

They had family photographs taken in exchange for use of her photo, or so I'm told....

"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »

stay safe.

Irony is ironic!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G