Author Topic: Boned we are.  (Read 857 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Boned we are.
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:44:38 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-08/demise-american-dream-2-charts

Presented with little comment aside to note that when 'work is punished' the demise of 'opportunity' will continue...

The painful reality in America: for increasingly more it is now more lucrative - in the form of actual disposable income - to sit, do nothing, and collect various welfare entitlements, than to work.

Is it just me, or is there some correlation between how much a woman can make on welfare and the demise of men in the workforce?  As in, they are more able to pay for the keep of their baby-daddy(ies)?

Keep working.  Millions on welfare depend on you.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re: Boned we are.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 09:59:19 PM »
Yup. And any desire to have this real discussion of this real issue means you are a heartless monster who wants children to starve.  There have been a few occasions where I've been able to tell people about how our as is system simply deepens the poverty pit and dependency; but far more often I get an emotional attack that redirects and re-frames the discussion to my lack of personal experience as a directly corollary to someone else's PERSONAL experience, therefore making any assertions outside of said PERSONAL (Exclusive to one other person on earth) experience, invalid.  Likewise, my inability to get pregnant negates my ability to speak on contraceptives in any manner ect.   

I really hate this notion of needing to parade the most 'authentic' voice of anything in politics.  Most egregious in my opinion is the flying the survivors, anti-gun only, of mass shootings around the country. 

Emotion and PR blackmail to shut down any real discussion of any real issue. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:43:34 PM »
One of my wife's friends just got on disablity.  She has medical issues, but could work... indeed she does sometimes for cash.

Another one of my wife's friends is totally blind but works.

While I was in grad school, one of the folks in my apartment complex was on disablity for cerebral palsy... another cerebral palsy person I knew at the time was an engineering grad student.  Another worked in the school cafeteria... some people with disablities work, and some prefer to be parasites.   ???

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »
I think the place were I work gets bonus points, because the HR types get a thrill up their leg for every disabled sort they get on teh payroll.  Most do a fine job, just gotta know their limits (both sides: employee and supervisor).
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton