Author Topic: Bloody Canadians  (Read 7711 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Bloody Canadians
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 11:07:25 AM »
thanks  you've given me good suggestions  now i'm gonna see what god delivers into my life from amongst those suggestions.  i usually get a pound dog a stray or sometimes a dog when a senior passes. it seems like god gives me what i need.  gonna to a horse rescue sunday morning ostensibly just to deliver a fuel tank.  but wife is coming to chaperone me
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »

Harlow is very dog-aggressive due to some very bad experiences during her time as a stray. (You can see one "combat scar" under Amelia's elbow in those wrinkles on her side from when we'd adopted her last year.) We keep a very tight watch on her because of it. And after one trip to our free-run dog park while we were still learning this, we're never going again. However, she's wonderful with people to a fault. There's never been anyone who's set foof in our house who she hasn't loved immediately. It's kind of embarrasing, because her M.O. is to put her 65lbs. frame into the lap of any houseguest who'll sit still for it and start moaning for affection.

I can't imagine what she'd do about an agressive coyote. She was scary-fast at that dog park. She laid into a pack of 10 dogs, all about 50 lbs. + who were milling and engaging in friendly-dominance behavior that she misconstrued as agressive with zero fear.
I promise not to duck.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »
how is this derailed coyote, Canadian doggy posting possible without Mike Irwin bringing up
one of his former dogs ?
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:25 PM »
He's on vacation.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 10:54:19 PM »
What Balog says.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Mike

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2009, 02:27:49 AM »
I have a 1/2 Great Pyrenees & 1/2 German Sheperd. She's up to about 130 lbs. now and is my wifes lap dog. Great with the grandkids, but only lets those we o.k. into the house and will take out the UPS man if you let her. She was a rescue dog and was a pain to housebreak but in the end it was worth the trouble. She plays a little rough with the cats, but my parrot has her buffaloed. She will chase the horses on occasion but stops when I yell at her. She mostly just playing, but when I needed her she jumped between me and a dog trying to get me and gave me time to draw and kill said dog as it came out of nowhere and I would had been in deep do-doif she hadn't reacted when she did. Goooood Dog! =D

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2009, 03:14:17 AM »
not intended as any disrespect to the poor young woman but with canines attitude really counts.  too many folks get lost in a disney "look its so cute" fantasy. my kids learned that they neeed to ne alpha to the mutts as soon as i could make it happen and size and aggresssion can back off many wild canines. this girl was lacking in size. i might have to get a new younger dog here right away  my older mutts  are getting where their taking on a couple yotes might be problematic. anybody got an experience with dogs that are suitable around small kids and still yote destroyers?  my husky lab was but shes getting old. (no overchurkas please  i'm not sure i'm man enough)

Rotties or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesian_Ridgeback
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2009, 05:20:47 AM »
"Goooood Dog"

i had a rescue mutt that got between my oldest kid and a copperhead   got bit in the face doing it. thats a great way to become my favorite dog real fast
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2009, 08:27:23 AM »
I heard if you quote his name three times in the mirror he appears and kicks you in the nuts....

Old dog was a Springer mix.  About 40lbs.  Very, very fast and very dominant dog.  She was a good dog, understood a cornicopia of commands. 
Solo camping on South Padre Island in probably 98, sunset, chilling with a beer waiting for one of the lines to get a bite.  Dog gets worked up and takes off into the sand dune.  Grabbed the 10/22 and follow.  She's got 3 coyotes backed up against a sand dune, and they don't look very happy.  Shot two, third got out and made tracks when the lead started flying.

Current dog would probably get eaten by the coyotes....but she is like a third kid.  They play and wrestle together.  Amelia will sit on top of her and tell her secrets, sing songs to her.  She will instigate my boy to wrestle or play ball with her.

Back to the topic....

Sounds like something that would happen in Europe.  I think inaction is a side effect of the nanny state.  We're next.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »
In other news, a 14 year old boy shot a cougar in self defense in Montana. :)

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »
Was Ashton Kutcher notified?   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »
Was Ashton Kutcher notified?   =D

LOLzes. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife