Author Topic: Need gunsmithing help  (Read 3955 times)

PTK

• friends
Re: Need gunsmithing help
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »
There are EMTs needed up here, too.  ;)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »
yeah, i know....  don't remind me....   :)
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »
hmm, might pay to check the land to land(can't remember the word) on the barrel, it might just be a .357 needing a chamber reaming. [popcorn] but really, good luck. =)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 08:58:12 AM »
hmm, might pay to check the land to land(can't remember the word) on the barrel, it might just be a .357 needing a chamber reaming. [popcorn] but really, good luck. =)

Say what?!?  That in now way explains the case mouth (which never gets outside the chamber) belling.

Or did I miss something?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »
No, and they all charge nearly $30/hr - and have a lineup of customers!  ;/
$30 and hour is cheap. VERY cheap. What do auto techs charge in your part of the world.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »
It is, even ships UPS. Heck, MANY HEs are perfectly legal with the proper permit, along with detonators. Ask me how I know.  =D
How do you know?  :angel:

And do you teach classes on safe useage?

I'd love to learn the proper handling, care, and feeding of explosives, but I don't want to be self-taught.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2010, 06:30:07 PM »
How do you know?  :angel:

And do you teach classes on safe useage?

I'd love to learn the proper handling, care, and feeding of explosives, but I don't want to be self-taught.

God gave ya 10 fingers for a reason.  It's called "learning curve".
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2010, 10:25:13 PM »
Say what?!?  That in now way explains the case mouth (which never gets outside the chamber) belling.

Or did I miss something?

stay safe.

skidmark

was saying if the barrel is big enough you could ream out the chambers to .357. as in some dolt put the wrong barrel on and misshaped the chambers to fit(bigger in the front). basically a joke. =D

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
I think y'all dismissed detcord too quickly.  Wrap the end of the cylinder in detcord and set it off.  It will compress one end so now you have no more problem.   =D >:D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 10:01:33 AM »
I think y'all dismissed detcord too quickly.  Wrap the end of the cylinder in detcord and set it off.  It will compress one end so now you have no more problem.   =D >:D

Is that clockwise wrapping?  And do I start at the front end where it's too big?  How far back do I wrap?  A single layer?  If not, how many overwraps?

Will a mechanical primer hurt the blueing?  I've heard that electrical primers will cause arcing which leads to rust.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.