Author Topic: Anyone seen this video (a.k.a. - a good cop)  (Read 7882 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Anyone seen this video (a.k.a. - a good cop)
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 09:50:32 AM »
Guy was right, well within his rights and slightly being a tool.  (It's his right to be one, I'm just one for decorum.)

Cop was very professional.  Couldn't have asked for anything better, especially dealing with that guy.  I'm guessing that guy knows the Peelian principles.  Debating dropping a supportive email to his department.

Here's the web page with all of the contact information.  I called and left a message for the chief.  Dropped my title in as well, and the officer's name (Officer Lyons Badge No. 1093).

It's always the bad cops that get the attention.  It's the good guys that do the job the right way that should get some.

between this and the clip GigaBuist posted, I guess what I've always said remains true.  in any profession, there are good ones and bad ones.  It's the bad ones that get all of the attention, and make life tough for the good ones.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 07:34:15 PM »
Chris, you got the link? I'd like to contact them as well, especially in light of how much press the Ohio cop is getting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »
Chris, you got the link? I'd like to contact them as well, especially in light of how much press the Ohio cop is getting.

http://www.oceansidepolice.com

http://www.oceansidepolice.com/pdf/commendation_form.pdf

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »
Thanks RD!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 10:16:53 PM »
That second one is just unreal.

Especially since I seriously question the wisdom of allowing someone with those kind of issues (threatening to execute a guy, while the dashcam records everything? Who's the numbskull?) to even be around a Nerf gun
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 12:10:27 AM »
That second one is just unreal.

Especially since I seriously question the wisdom of allowing someone with those kind of issues (threatening to execute a guy, while the dashcam records everything? Who's the numbskull?) to even be around a Nerf gun

It's sort of entertaining that every non-violent comment directed at the gentleman concealed carrying was more applicable to himself. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.