Author Topic: Lets talk crapers  (Read 7886 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Lets talk crapers
« on: January 17, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
Getting ready to redo a bath and I need a good toilet.
I would really like to keep the ones from 1975 because I have NEVER stopped one up. But they are a really ugly yellow color.
So who makes the best can that doesn't cost a fortune, works, and does not have a v8 for turbo assist on it.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:40:21 PM by never_retreat »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

HankB

• friend
Re: Lets talk crapers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 03:19:09 PM »
Some years back I put in an American Standard "Champion" in one of my bathrooms . . . had a few minor issues initially the company replaced the internals under warranty it has worked well since. (Haven't needed a plunger yet.  ;) )

The Toto "Drake" is also supposed to be a good one.

Both of these have a larger-than-average-diameter waste passage and are less prone to clogging.

(BTW, yellow color or not, old toilets ARE in demand - I understand there's quite a thriving market for the "pre-low-flush" ones.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »
A craper is what? Someone who makes crepes?

And god toilet, I don't even want to know what that is.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
the god toilet has a garbage disposal inline

Kittahs will quickly learn not to drink out of the toilet
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »
god toilet

Well, I have heard of praying to the porcelain god  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »
the god toilet has a garbage disposal inline

Kittahs will quickly learn not to drink out of the toilet

When my son was a teenager I don't think that would have been enough even though we have old standard commodes. I was seriously tempted to ban him from the bathroom and make him dig a latrine down in the woods. As usual mama vetoed that plan.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 07:43:28 PM »
So 1 useful comment and 6 pieces of criticism. APS as usual.
This must me the newest version of the Champion.
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/bathroom-products/champion-4-toilet/
Meet the Champion® 4, the undisputed leader in high performance toilets. With the industry’s widest 2 3/8” trapway and 4” flush valve, it virtually eliminated clogged toilets for homeowners and call backs for plumbers. The Champion 4 will move a mass 70% larger than the industry standard. It achieves the highest bulk removal rating of 1,000 grams and will even flush a bucket of golf balls! Which means you can flush with confidence!
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
A few months-mods

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 07:46:18 PM »
So 1 useful comment and 6 pieces of criticism. APS as usual.
This must me the newest version of the Champion.
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/bathroom-products/champion-4-toilet/

The Champion 4 will move a mass 70% larger than the industry standard.

Now that's a load of crap!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »
A few months-mods

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »
The Champion 4 will move a mass 70% larger than the industry standard.

Oh great, now there's an industry standard for that, too. I guess I better make sure I measure up.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
http://www.kohler.com/numi/

OK, now that is just the best thing ever. Love the juxtaposition of the two beautiful people, their toilet, and their glass walls.  :laugh:

wuluf

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »
our plumber installed a Toto.  it works well, and I stop it up way less often than the low flow crappy crapper that preceded it. What can I say, I'm a productive guy....

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
wow  the music was over the top

i thought the one i installed was bad  it was 3 k
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 09:13:28 PM »
Another vote for American Standard here....in fact, I'm using one right now.....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
http://www.kohler.com/numi/

Why is it that there are some products that the advertising never shows in actual use?

And what kind of tard would put the crapper out in the open like that?

Samuel Adams

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »
Another vote for American Standard here....in fact, I'm using one right now.....

Thats multi tasking.
A few months-mods

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 09:30:39 PM »

Hey, that looks like my drafting table!
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
My parents installed one a few years back that has a pressure tank inside the rear tank.  When you take the lid off the back there's no water, just a plastic pressure tank inside.  It stores the line pressure from the water line and uses it to fire the flush water down the sides of the trap, sucking the water out of the bowl with a kind of venturi effect.  A little bit of water runs out from the rim of the bowl just for cleaning and to refill the bowl.  Sounds like some kind of jet engine and shakes the floor.  I think it could suck a  small child down.  Not sure the brand, etc.  Oh it also is ready for a follow-up in a few seconds.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 03:57:54 AM »
My Apt managers installed a new water-saving ballcock valve in my crapper.

Gotta flush it twice, now.

Sometimes thrice.

It's at its maximum water level adjustment.

I feel sooooo good and noble now that I'm saving all that water.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:15 AM »
Find a good old construction rip-out from the pre 1.6 gallon days.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 08:51:38 AM »
Why is it that there are some products that the advertising never shows in actual use?

Sometimes a thread is best WITHOUT pictures - seriously. In fact, consider the following:

And then there's this question . . .

And what kind of tard would put the crapper out in the open like that?
IT HAPPENS!

About 25 years back when I lived in MN, I toured an open house ($400k plus, which was a lot back then) where the MBR was on the 2nd floor. One corner was slightly "bumped out" and surrounded by floor-to-ceiling glass. A raised platform included a spa tub and . . . you guessed it, a porcelain throne. You'd climb up a couple of steps, turn around and sit . . . where you could look around and wave to your neighbors, face forward and talk to your spouse without even so much as a curtain in the way.

(Forget whether or not there was an exhaust fan.)   :facepalm:

I stayed there for about 20 minutes just to watch the reactions of other people when they walked in and saw the facilities.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »
http://www.kohler.com/numi/images/half_open_toilet_back.jpg

Hey, that looks like my drafting table!

Are you telling us something about your drafting skills?

Oh great, now there's an industry standard for that, too. I guess I better make sure I measure up.

What with the heavy cabbage and beet consumption, the Russkies (toward the end of the COld War) had opened up a crap gap with the USA.

This.  The only toilet clog I have had wiht my old-school old-stool 3.5gal flush toilet was when a child tried to flush a bottle of shampoo.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »

I ripped out a good many of those, rehabbing apartments. Unfortunately, they only came in pink and blue.  =|