Author Topic: The individualistic community builder  (Read 12305 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: The individualistic community builder
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2008, 09:09:15 AM »
Why would you call it Revolution, anyway?  Are you starting a community, or plotting a revolt?  Make up your mind.

Revolution does not necessarily imply a violent revolt.

And a revolt is not necessarily violent.  But even if the URL were in standard spelling, rather than leet - well, I guess it's just a little more show than go for my tastes.  The name I mean.  But I also wonder if communes like this are really a good idea.  What better way to reclaim our rights than to prove that gun people and/or libertarians are freaks who can't live around regular folks?    undecided

And just for what it's worth, my preacher likes to say that other churches have youth retreats, ours has advances.   smiley   Sort of the difference between a monastic retreat from the world, versus working out your beliefs in the real world, among the non-believers.  Might apply here, as well.

I wasn't advocating violence with the name, although, like the New Hampshire constitution, I reserve the right to resort to violence in defense of my rights at my own discretion. I'm not looking to hide from the world or anything. Just want to be part of a community of like minded people, or as close as I can get. If the domain name turns out to be a huge sticking point it costs me ten bucks to switch it to something else. No biggie. This is a decades long process (at least in my mind).

The Annoyed Man

Re: The individualistic community builder @ pistolville.com
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2008, 08:17:54 AM »
I've revised the forum name based on the complaints in this thread. I would love to see one of two of you over at:

http://pistolville.com/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 08:39:03 AM »
Technically speaking, there already is a community for individualists in your general geographical area, 40-caliber.

It's been around since about 1775.
Cheesy

For true individualists, you better have 100 acre plots. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 08:44:46 AM »
Technically speaking, there already is a community for individualists in your general geographical area, 40-caliber.

It's been around since about 1775.
Cheesy

For true individualists, you better have 100 acre plots. 

I have only invested in 10 acres thus far. But 100 acres sounds pretty good to me. I can still find that for $30k.