Author Topic: Motorola Droid  (Read 7391 times)

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: Motorola Droid
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 02:48:52 PM »
Adobe is even releasing Flash for Android in a few months, something unheard of on any mobile device until now.

Except for Palm's WebOS
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 03:34:57 PM »
I think I've finally decided to go with the Samsung Moment. The screen is smaller, but it's AMOLED vs the Droid's LCD, and 800 Mhz CPU vs (IIRC) 550 Mhz. I also found the QWERTY keyboard far superior to the Droid's (outside of a slightly strange spacebar...). That one is subjective though, Droid's keyboard seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing.  =) Unfortunately right now the Moment is running Android 1.6 vs the Droid's 2.1, but Sprint announced an upgrade to 2.1, probably happening in May. Oh, and the feature that really sold me... a lanyard loop.  =D

So, anybody have experience with the Moment?

It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 04:33:05 PM »
I think I've finally decided to go with the Samsung Moment. The screen is smaller, but it's AMOLED vs the Droid's LCD, and 800 Mhz CPU vs (IIRC) 550 Mhz. I also found the QWERTY keyboard far superior to the Droid's (outside of a slightly strange spacebar...). That one is subjective though, Droid's keyboard seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing.  =) Unfortunately right now the Moment is running Android 1.6 vs the Droid's 2.1, but Sprint announced an upgrade to 2.1, probably happening in May. Oh, and the feature that really sold me... a lanyard loop.  =D

So, anybody have experience with the Moment?

I, too, am giving the Moment the hairy eyeball (Sprint).  I will pounce when it goes to 2.1.  From the reviews it sounds right up my alley:less eye candy customization out of the box,but better hardware to do with as you please with the interface & apps.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton