Author Topic: Superbowl halftime-sex and sucky sound standard.  (Read 5369 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Superbowl halftime-sex and sucky sound standard.
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 02:27:08 AM »
I missed the 1/2 time show, had to do laundry ( first time this year! )
I didn't know it was Beyonce, I've never heard any of her music but I have admired her pictures.
I wish they would have a competition for the best high school drum marching band and cheerleader squad to do the halftime show.

The Who did it one yr and they were lousy too. I cant recall a half time show in recent history I've liked.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 06:32:01 AM »
Yeah! Like, Beethoven.  =D

You mean Ludwig van Beethoven? We just use his last name, he used his full name.

Signature:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 08:51:03 AM »
I'm not a die hard fan by any means, but enjoy watching the game every year ( didn't even know who was playing until a few days ago).
What is with these crappy " performers" and burlesque shows?
Kids watch this for crying out loud.

Agree that the music wasn't my taste. Slightly less ADD than last year, from what I understand.

Re the indecency. The women wore tights underneath their outfits, dude. All that was shown was a mild amount of cleavage, everything else was covered. And I've seen a lot more at any mall. That's fairly standard, because it's easier than using double sided tape to hold weird costumes in place. Allows more range of movement, even without worrying about clothing moving in directions you don't want it to. Yes, I've been in a couple plays and musicals. The dancing didn't seem especially provocative.

While granted it's not a costume one would generally wear on the streets, it's not exceptionally indecent on a stage.

Do a quick youtube search for "kylie minogue agent provocateur commercial". That would probably be "burlesque show" level of racy.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 08:55:16 AM »
Bono. The Edge (still only counts as one!).  Madonna.  Cher. Oprah. Ochocinco.

Call it a matter of taste.  I think the most pretentious ones are also the most annoying.

Or Leonardo da Vinci?

"da Vinci" means "of Vinci", which is a town in Tuscany. Which makes me laugh whenever I hear "da Vinci Code", "da Vinci Treatment", etc. You'd think folks would learn the meaning of the words they use in a title or name of a product/business/process.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 08:56:22 AM »
if you ask me, it's the logistics of the performance that is the amazing part.  how easy is it to take an empty field, turn it into a stage with all the support lighting and sound wired, have your performance, and remove it again in 30 minutes (and not damage the playing surface in the process)?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:04 AM »
All legs aside, I thought she sang and danced her very nice ass off. Unfortunately, no wardrobe malfunctions. I'd take her boob over Janet's any day.  >:D

I did concur with wmennors "all it needed was a stripper pole" comment though. maybe a few too many pelvic thrusts for the younger crowd. I wander how many mommies and daddies chased the kids into the other room during half time.  :lol:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »
Do a quick youtube search for "kylie minogue agent provocateur commercial". That would probably be "burlesque show" level of racy.

Don't need to.  Every frame of it was burned indelibly into my brain 11 years ago.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

280plus

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 09:02:17 AM »
if you ask me, it's the logistics of the performance that is the amazing part.  how easy is it to take an empty field, turn it into a stage with all the support lighting and sound wired, have your performance, and remove it again in 30 minutes (and not damage the playing surface in the process)?
And have it all WORK without a hitch. I can't imagine what it must have been like to put that all together. I wonder if there were any unseen/unnoticed glitches. There's always at least one. lol

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 09:53:37 AM »
I liked the burning rope that became two faces and framed the area. Nicely done.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »
has anyone heard an explanation for the lights going out?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »
The women wore tights underneath their outfits, dude. All that was shown was a mild amount of cleavage, everything else was covered. And I've seen a lot more at any mall.

Please tell me what mall you go to, as I want to hang out there all the time. ;)

Never heard her sing, but Beyonce is sexy, and so was that show.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 10:15:11 AM »
has anyone heard an explanation for the lights going out?

The load monitoring system noticed an abnormality in their power systems. Said system then opened a breaker (as it is designed to), causing power to be partially cut to the Superdome in order to isolate the issue. It was on the Superdome's side, not their power company's side.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 10:38:12 AM »
I agree with the general consensus that it was Beyonce's fault. Given all the power that show must have sucked up it could quite easily have overheated things and popped a breaker.  ;)

280plus

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 10:39:54 AM »
One note, I'm sure as hell glad the Ravens won in the end because if they had lost after that whole power thing the incessant whining would go on for months.  [barf]

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »
The opening up skirt shot of her silhouette with the fog and lightrays caused her crotch to appear to glow for a heartbeat. That cameraman had steady hands.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »
The opening up skirt shot of her silhouette with the fog and lightrays caused her crotch to appear to glow for a heartbeat. That cameraman had steady hands.

???
Maybe I should have watched the half time show!!
 :facepalm:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 03:55:26 PM »

Electric Six is never going to get a half-time show are they?   :'(
I promise not to duck.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
Electric Six is never going to get a half-time show are they?   :'(

Danger! Danger!
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »

High voltage!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
When we touch, when we kiss
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 11:56:42 PM »
Fire in the...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2013, 12:14:06 AM »
I promise not to duck.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 12:17:32 AM »
 :facepalm: [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2013, 09:02:05 AM »
gates of hell!
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »