Author Topic: I built a computer  (Read 1470 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: I built a computer
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 06:05:53 PM »
All things being equal with lower to medium-end Intel graphics chipsets, granted the ones that come in laptops, but there's noticeable lag in my kid's minecraft adventures on the ones who have i7 cast-off laptops from work and one who has a commercial loss-leader Dell i5.

Well sure. with onboard graphics (especially the intel HD series), there's more work being done by the processor. Many of them also use system ram for vram.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: I built a computer
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
I *just* bought a refurb i5 mini-desktop (HP COMPAQ 8200 ELITE) to use for gaming.  Civilization V, which runs okay on a i5 laptop but overheats.  It got here yesterday and I haven't even plugged it in yet.  I'll probably be installing Win 7 updates and antivirus on it tonight.

I have a Sapphire HD5450 low-profile graphics card that'll fit.  (I bought it on sale really cheap last year for another project that never materialized.)  Not sure if it will be any better than the Intel integrated graphics or not.  Hopefully it'll let me crank up the video quality settings.
"It's good, though..."