Author Topic: If you like geology...  (Read 1135 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: If you like geology...
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2021, 04:25:29 AM »
i understand that rapid water "waterfalling" over an obstacle will hold bodies in the swirl below the falls for a very long time.  I'm with Ben on finding them "manually."

Ick.

In watching "Sea Hunt" I always cringed when they went into a cave or other tunnel.

I remember the rather graphic descriptions of when they found the Challenger capsule with the bodies in there.  Apparently the capsule hit the water at about 200 mph.

Ick.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

JTHunter

• friends
Re: If you like geology...
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2021, 04:01:33 PM »
Have any of you ever heard of "the squeeze"?  Before scuba was around, divers had to use those lead boots and brass helmets and chestplates.  If anything happened to the airline from the surface, the loss of pressure from the pump would cause the diver's body to be crushed and squeezed up into the helmet.  "Strawberry jam" was the result.  :O
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”