Author Topic: Martial law declared in New Orleans...  (Read 3268 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Martial law declared in New Orleans...
« on: August 30, 2005, 05:20:08 PM »
Just saw that on Fox news.

My company apparently has well over 100 people unaccounted for right now. We have a bunch of offices in the Gulf Coast area.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 07:37:29 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if martial law stayed the law of the land there for a while.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't show up in my squadron tomorrow, and the commander asked me if I didn't mind going TDY to the hardest hit zones and do relief work for a few weeks.  (Since my personnel folder already shows I did that for the Sacramento flood of '97)

You folks wanna see the utter devastation?  Look here:

http://www.wlbt.com

Click on the helicopter video link, and sit back for 20 minutes of unbelievable footage.  Sad
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

P95Carry

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 06:19:43 PM »
Gewehr - total chaos - hard to comprehend.  Each day it seems we see more and worse.
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

Telperion

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:13:38 PM »
Current satellite photo of New Orleans (warning -- very large 4062x2544 image):

http://www.digitalglobe.com/images/katrina/new_orleans_msi_aug31_2005_dg.jpg

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 09:44:34 PM »
Quote from: Telperion
Current satellite photo of New Orleans (warning -- very large 4062x2544 image):

http://www.digitalglobe.com/images/katrina/new_orleans_msi_aug31_2005_dg.jpg
wow, you almost have to wonder if your better off in the dry parts or the wet parts.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 05:03:00 AM »
I'm seeing some similar images coming from our people at the EROS Data Center in Sioux Falls.

Unfriggingbelievable.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 10:00:25 PM »
Now, make no mistake.  I'm a big supporter of the US military.

But what a fricking joke!

You've declared martail law, so WHY IS EVERYONE HIDING AROUND THE CORNERS OF THE CITY messing their pants insteaad of HELPING PEOPLE!

Why are we waving off helicopters to avoid sniper fire?!

There is martail law.
There are armed individuals who have chosen to take advantage of a hideous tragedy because they are to intriniscally mired in their evil choices that... grrr...

This martial law declaration is a JOKE!
'Cause we've declared martial law and the bad guys are still outgunning the rescuers!!!  Fricking individual citizens defying evacuation orders and armed with shotguns are proving more effective than the entire Army National Guard!!!

(by the way, that pretty much justifies the entire 2nd amendment in my opinion forever)

Someone needs to get the political private parts to say, "You're in the way when we're trying to help people, you become a casualty.  You see a cop and you don't lay down your arms, you're a casualty.  There are no exceptions.  No questions.  And we are too busy trying to save people to feel much sympathy for people who have put themselves on the side of death, destruction, and chaos."

ALL enemies, foreign and domestic....

If these evil, foul, psychotic PUKES are taking up arms to shoot at VOLUNTEERS trying to SAVE people, then they sure as *bleep* all count as DOMESTIC ENEMIES.

I'm sorry they made that choice.  I'm sorry they're in gangs.  I'm sorry they're poor.  I wish we had time to try and change them.

We don't.

So the only change we can create in them is making them room temperature.

Do it and get back to SAVING LIVES!!!!!!!

*pant pant pant......*

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 03:54:04 AM »
The fact that our National Guard, police, and the army are loath to shoot citizens, even though they are criminals of the worst sort, is in a perverted sort of way, comforting.

Perhaps this is an example of how much we stand together rather than be polarized and divided.

I just heard on Fox a little while ago, that shoot to kill orders have been given with respect to these anarchists.  I support that decision, because it apparently has been well thought out and at least that decision has not been a knee jerk decision.

One also wonders who set the oil storage facility on fire.  News media seems to be ignoring that.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 04:19:25 AM »
^ What do Democrats have to do with any of this?

Greg

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 04:25:07 AM »
Democrat voters. sympathizers ... the whole "non-productive stealing from the productive" culture.

See post #36:  http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=154188

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 04:51:52 AM »
Simply put, it could be that NO one set the oil storage facility fire.

Any number of things could have caused the fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 05:12:14 AM »
Mike, you know damn well that terrorists/liberals/looters/JBTs set that facility on fire.  Occam's Razor does not apply here. Tongue

Chris

Sean Smith

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 06:47:23 AM »
What an awful mess.

It should have been self-evident that a corruptly-administered, high-crime city subjected to a disaster would descend into senseless violence almost immediately.  Anybody who didn't think so, didn't spend much time thinking about humans.

Therefore, it follows that, in the event of such a disaster, you need to first impose order with an overwhelming display of force.  Otherwise, all other priorities (e.g. save people from horrible deaths) become impossible, as scumbags shoot at boats carrying supplies, shoot at helicopters trying to rescue people, loot hospitals so they can't provide health care, snipe at hospitals so they can't evacuate patients, and so forth.  And last I checked, all of the above have already happened in New Orleans in the storm's aftermath.

The truth is, some proportion of the city's population needs to be shot, and it isn't happening, and as a result the wrong people are dying.

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 09:18:41 AM »
The fact that our National Guard, police, and the army are loath to shoot citizens, even though they are criminals of the worst sort, is in a perverted sort of way, comforting.
I don't think it's comforting to the people who are dying.  I have drawn a lot of flack for being too soft on criminals, and I hope to continue to do that in the future.  Some people need grace.

But there's a line.  That line is the active prevention of violence against innocents.  

I'm not comforted in any way that law abiding citizens are put in mortal danger because the law enforcement officers and the military are unwilling to use deadly force against outlaws.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 12:35:49 PM »
I had been trying to think of a way to phrase my comment, bemidji, in a way that alluded to all the remarks we hear here, THR and TFL about how the JBT's are going to arbitrarily kick in our doors to confiscate weapons etc.  Maybe I didn't do a good job of illuminating my feelings.  
 It occured to me that even if these looting creatures deserved shooting (not for self preservation) but actual looting and mayhem, there was a sort of restraint going on.  I think what I was trying to say, was that restraint, perhaps misplaced, or not focused, said something about how our own good people are loath to rapidly resort to deadly force, even though it may be the best thing to do.  It seems to me that America is a nation of restraint and that is a good thing.  THough some may criticize, maybe it is better to reflect on how we handle things like this in the future.
I agree that a show of force is required in times of anarchy.  But maybe it's just hard to accept the behavior of some (?) people (?) during time of tragedy.
Maybe this occurance will cause all sorts of things to change, hopefully for the better.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 03:28:45 AM »
I agree that good change can come out of this.
Notice how many homeowners have NOT been looted 'cause they were standing on the rooftops w/ their good friends Browning and Colt.

Hopefully that will undermine some of the lib idiot arguments for gun control only being about hunting.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 07:11:56 AM »
A good sign to hang on your door would be..."If you are a looter, what you will find is a shooter."

vernal45

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 10:53:09 PM »
TO correct things, Martial Law has not been declared on a federal of State level.  Some stupid parish president said he declared martial law, guess he has not been informed that he cant do that.